Advice on stomach scarring

Tswa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi everyone,
I’ve been T1 for over 7 years now, on the Animas pump for two and a half years. I’ve noticed some scarring on my stomach from the infusion sites, and I’m getting build up under my sites, I guess insulin or fat? Any advice on how to get rid of the scarring and the bumps while still wearing my pump? I am trying to rotate sites more but I find if I go too far out it hurts when the insulin goes in. Help!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone,
I’ve been T1 for over 7 years now, on the Animas pump for two and a half years. I’ve noticed some scarring on my stomach from the infusion sites, and I’m getting build up under my sites, I guess insulin or fat? Any advice on how to get rid of the scarring and the bumps while still wearing my pump? I am trying to rotate sites more but I find if I go too far out it hurts when the insulin goes in. Help!

Hi there Tswa - I'm not T1, so not the person to answer your question, but if @Juicyj is still around this evening, she may have a more useful insight.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Tswa and Welcome to the site :) how long between each set change ? Also when you say scarring how severe are you talking ? I personally would take this to my consultant and get them to inspect my sites - as you are already doing just avoid them but change your set more frequently too, I change every 2 days and apart from the odd lump which disperses after a couple of days there’s no issues. The rep from Animas should also be available to talk to so ask your Dsn or consultant for their contact details for advice on sets and sites.

Tswa

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Tswa and Welcome to the site :) how long between each set change ? Also when you say scarring how severe are you talking ? I personally would take this to my consultant and get them to inspect my sites - as you are already doing just avoid them but change your set more frequently too, I change every 2 days and apart from the odd lump which disperses after a couple of days there’s no issues. The rep from Animas should also be available to talk to so ask your Dsn or consultant for their contact details for advice on sets and sites.
Thanks so much for the advice. It's like dark spots all over my tummy and lumps, some that stay for a long time (around a month), and even if I change my set every two days I still get a lump. Maybe a longer needle on the infusion set?