Advice please

Bluegrey2019

Hi i came here during pregnancy as I thought I may have developed gestational diabetes but i had one fast glucose and also a gtt both negative yet my baby was pretty big then got really bad jaundice and my health visitor kept saying I probably had undiagnosed gd.
Not sure how possible that Is but still so here I am now six months after having baby and I'm still getting leg pain and pins and needles in my hands and feet the symptoms i was having in pregnancy.

I've gained two stone making my bmi crazy high also. So i suppose my question is could it have been incorrect the glucose tests? I'm contacting doctor today as the leg pain is really horrible as are the tingly hands and feet.
Side note I also have hypothyroidism and take daily Levo if that effects anything.

Many thanks

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi i came here during pregnancy as I thought I may have developed gestational diabetes but i had one fast glucose and also a gtt both negative yet my baby was pretty big then got really bad jaundice and my health visitor kept saying I probably had undiagnosed gd.
Not sure how possible that Is but still so here I am now six months after having baby and I'm still getting leg pain and pins and needles in my hands and feet the symptoms i was having in pregnancy.

I've gained two stone making my bmi crazy high also. So i suppose my question is could it have been incorrect the glucose tests? I'm contacting doctor today as the leg pain is really horrible as are the tingly hands and feet.
Side note I also have hypothyroidism and take daily Levo if that effects anything.

Many thanks
If your weight changed drastically, your need for thyroid hormones probably changed. Your dosage may be quite off right now, so do get that checked. Also, do you happen to have the exact test results? Might be helpful. A friend of ours was told she didn't have GD the second time around, but she wasn't keeping anything down long enough to cause a spike due to HG, which left her severely emaciated, so... All sorts of things are possible. Ask for your thyroid to be checked, as well as your vitamin b12 and vitamin d, on top of your HbA1c.

Hope you feel better soon!
Jo