Advice re possible hypo.

another12

Dislikes
Porridge
Yesterday aftnoon after lunch while @ the supermarket I suddenly got all giddy & light headed. Upon walking home I gradually got more & more drunken feeling. Upon testing my bs it showed as 4.6. About 10 mins after getting home I suddenly got the shakes and sweating.
It was then that I rang the missis for advice, upon which she told me to get something sweet. That's ok BUT we don't do sweet things @ home, for obvious reasons. So after stumbling to the local shop and purchasing a mars bar and trying too eat it, I stumbled home again. After 10 mins I started to get better, but it took nearly 2hrs too recover totally.
So the question is...was I hypo? Reason why I ask is I have only been t2 for 2 yr and have never felt like that b4.
I have been out to the chemist today and got some glucose tabs and placed them were they can bee seen in the house,just incase.

Nickers

They are defiantly signs of a hypo yes that's what I get but I'm type 1 it's good to have something in the house ie lucozade which is quick to get into ur system if you ever feel low again it can make you feel pretty lousy after glad ur ok

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.
Hi. when i was in hospital for knee replacement my sugars kept getting low nurse drink lucozade as it gets in the body quicker.
type 2 on metformin 1000mg x2 which i have to take with my tea. hope this helps.

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
I think you should also buy a cheap blood glucose tester, and keep handy. Testing your blood glucose level will be the only way to see if you are suffering from a hypo.

another12

Dislikes
Porridge
Pilgrim22 said:
I think you should also buy a cheap blood glucose tester, and keep handy. Testing your blood glucose level will be the only way to see if you are suffering from a hypo.

I do check my bs levels via a contour meter. As stated I have never felt like this b4 despite being t2 for 3 yrs, so was asking...was this a hypo? Having read the forums answers I guess it must have been. Good thing is I now know what too look for when my bs levels are low. As stated I now carry glucose tabs with me. Thanks for the reassurance. :D

Pilgrim22

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
animal cruelty
Unless you test what your blood glucose level was, you will not know for sure if you had a hypo or not.