After vomiting

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Advice needed please. I’ve been vomiting for the last two days thanks to a stomach bug. Starting to feel a bit more human now but wondering what to attempt to eat. Before low carving I’d have had half a piece of toast but I can’t think of anything I want to eat that would be kind to my stomach.

Please help

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd probably go for some yogurt or cheese, small amounts and see how they settle in.
N virus not much fun, take care and liquids up.

LouWilk059

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
dishonesty, people who throw garbage out on to the streets,
I just had stomach flu. Stay away from dairy, will make you throw-up. I had turkey broth on day 1, mushroom soup on day 2 (made with water), then light meal on day 3 (small piece of lean meat and broccoli).

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
I was ill a few weeks ago, when I did eat it was toast, a bit of cheese, then soup, not talking massive portions but you do need to sustain yourself and this is what I would say was in a less than ordinary circumstance. When you are better go back to a great diet but for today I would eat what makes you feel better.

get better, stay hydrated, and enjoy the indulgence of a bit of what you fancy!

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just eat what makes you feel OK and don't worry about it being low carb. You can sort your normal diet out once you get better. I always think a small bowl of chicken or tomato soup makes me feel better, and toast is a very good idea. Hope you feel better soon.

Reactions: purplepenguin

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As already said, eat what you think you can manage and don`t worry about low carb `cos you`re not going to eat that much anyway! I can usually manage soft boiled egg when ill but of course we`re all different, get well soon. Chris.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
scrambled eggs with a bit of cheese and finely chopped tomato on top.
It is what babies in rich families were given when weaning - the babies in poor families were given 'pobs' - bread soaked in water. Guess which ones did better?
My father's mother's family were midwives and nurses.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chicken soup.
obviously with careful awareness of any carbs.
homemade is best.

I had The Tummy Bug From Hell over Xmas, and found chicken soup to be a universal panacea, and thoroughly enjoyable too.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
I have to confess to a few jelly beans to make sure I had enough energy, the idea of sweets on a daily basis not one I want now but they for one occasion were sooo nice

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So the toast I had that day has caused havoc with my carb cravings. I want to eat all the carbs I see. Hoping the cravings will go in a few more days. I have, so far, been strong and not caved in.

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
There's a lot of this bug about and it can last for weeks.
Just wen you think it's over you're chucking up again.
I seem to be surrounded by it and have been for weeks but so far not caught it.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
So the toast I had that day has caused havoc with my carb cravings. I want to eat all the carbs I see. Hoping the cravings will go in a few more days. I have, so far, been strong and not caved in.

you can do it. I believe in you