Agave Nectar?

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
with total carbs of 76g per 100 I would say a very strong avoid if you are a type 2. This info is on the label.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
It's a myth that Agave is OK because it's 'not sugar' or 'it's natural'. It's just another sugar and a No-No for us (or for anyone?)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Agave is mostly fructose.

So, superficially it has less impact on blood glucose than ordinary sugar.
However, the way the body deals with fructose is an additional burden on the liver to process.
Fructose has been shown to increase the risk of developing a fatty liver.

Since a fatty liver is one of the main reasons why people develop T2, I would suggest that fructose (agave, most fruits and anything made with high fructose corn syrup) is a REALLY BAD IDEA.

Diane_Jess

Please can anyone tell me the best place to buy diabetic cookbooks. I know I San download them but I prefer a hard copy. Thanks in advance.

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What about Amazon?

But there's absolutely no need to rely on a computer screen - you can save and print out hundreds of diabetic and low carb recipes from our forum and elsewhere online, and keep them in a hard copy/paper recipes binder.

I find anyway that much of the LCHF food I eat is not diabetic specific - I just cut out high carb ingredients and accompaniments and/or use low carb alternatives, so don't see the need for diabetic cookery books.

Robbity