Aiming to 'reverse my diabetes' on Tony Ferguson

Defren

Superchip said:
Blooming well done Defren ! 95 lbs loss is astonishing !

Now about the pudding, you just eat what is inside ( say steak and kidney ) and chuck away the carb container !

This also works with pork pies !

Keep up the good work, you must be proud of yourself.

Superchip

Thank you!

I have around 18lbs to go then I will be at my goal weight. My problem is, I am apple shaped, so all the fat is around my middle. Already I am thin enough on my arms and legs, even my face, but I still have the tummy fat to shift.

For me personally eating Primal is perfect. I eat absolutely clean, everything made from scratch and with organic ingredients when I can get them (some things are hard to find organic). The only things I eat prepackaged is Greek yogurt, small amounts of cheese, bacon (I have found Sainsbury's organic bacon doesn't have all the white gunk on it - when I can get it). That's probably about it, unless you want to include things like flax, baking powder etc. I do bake a lot.

Once I reach my target weight, I know I am going to have to re-evaluate my diet, and up my calories, this is going to be difficult, as the amount of food I eat now, is more than enough. Most days I fail to reach my calorie goal (1,500). I will just have to up the healthy fats and eat more meat I guess (what a hard life this is). :lol:

[edit to add] I just want to say, while I did say in an earlier post that diets do work, and yes, I 100% think they do. I am not on a diet, this way of eating, for me, is a lifestyle choice. Since Stephen (Borofergie) introduced me to this clean way of eating, and I tried it, it completely resonated with me, it works and I feel so much better for it.

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Defren said:
[edit to add] I just want to say, while I did say in an earlier post that diets do work, and yes, I 100% think they do. I am not on a diet, this way of eating, for me, is a lifestyle choice. Since Stephen (Borofergie) introduced me to this clean way of eating, and I tried it, it completely resonated with me, it works and I feel so much better for it.

That's exactly the point. I've lost 70lbs as a welcome side effect of controlling by BG. It hasn't really been any effort at all.

Defren

borofergie said:
Defren said:

That's exactly the point. I've lost 70lbs as a welcome side effect of controlling by BG. It hasn't really been any effort at all.

Exactly, but the point I was also trying to make, eating Primal is not a diet it's a lifestyle change. When I reach my goal weight, unlike a diet I will still eat Primal, just up the calories (hopefully) to maintain, rather than lose any more. Stable low BG is just a very welcome byproduct of primal eating, and while I love the food and feel so much better for the whole change, usually my BG is something I rarely test as I almost always know what it's going to be. It's just unfortunate that I'm feeling stress at the moment, along with the wrong shakes yesterday, so my BG is a wee bit wobbly.

[edit to add] Congratulations on the eight loss, it's a lovely feeling isn't it? :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
just had to punch yet another hole in my leather belts... and am looking at having to buy new clothes a size smaller yet again... 40 inches down to 38 inches now looking at 36 inch waist jeans & trousers and looking at Large T-shirts instead of Extra-Large... :)

Cutting back on the carbs and making up the calories with fats (nuts and good saturated animal fats along with Olive oil) is working...