Air bubble problems ~ Insight pump.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks @donnellysdogs - I've never done that before! If I ever find I'm getting bubbles I'll do that. So far not a single episode of bubbletrubble - I think I've been lucky, judging by what I've read here!

:)

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
we use prefilled cartridges so we can't see if there are any in cartridge or at least i can't

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Erm I've never checked for any! Didn't with pens either.

*coughs*
:nailbiting:

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
I do check but Ive never seen an air bubble as of yet

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Changed my cartridge and indeed it DOES look like your picture - mine sticks out that far too!

Will be keeping an eye out on this thread, and also for any future bubbles.

Reactions: Gaz-M

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Changed my cartridge and indeed it DOES look like your picture - mine sticks out that far too!

Will be keeping an eye out on this thread, and also for any future bubbles.

thankyou Snapsy for that :) and I will reply once the new pump is linked up and basal setting etc are set up and see if these bubbles stop, I have used 6 cartridges in 7 days :wideyed: only change the cartridge every 6 days normally

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
it went like clockwork :)

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
14627845_10154590331394108_253663537_n.jpg
this is mine :D

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
yeah the new one is the same

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Does the puston wind the same though?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
File_000.jpeg

This is mine - looks pretty similar.

No problems with it as yet (and it's its first birthday in a couple of weeks - awwwwwww.....)!

I love the look of the Insight when the infusion set is on - it's a bit weird looking at it 'naked' like this though - oooooer.......

Last edited:

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Actually @Gaz-M just comparing my above pic with your one on page 2 it looks as if mine's sticking out more!

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Perhaps its the lids?? Or the difference in the cartridges sticking out??

Type1Lad

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Insight pump meetup 2016? haha i just wish they did funky accessories to make our pumps look better :p

Gaz-M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
baked beans
Actually @Gaz-M just comparing my above pic with your one on page 2 it looks as if mine's sticking out more!
you should keep an eye on it Snapsy, did you recieve the accu-chek Insight training chart? I have a copy I can take pictures of if you didn't. That is where I started to think the cartridge was sticking out to much from.

Today I have just gone to test my blood and the E57 error message has came on, tried a few things to reset it (it happened when I first got the pump so I knew what to do) but nope still the same, so I called the help line again tried to reset it with the gentleman telling me what to do and its well duff :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Luckily I have the aviva expert as back up (I think it was DD who suggested this to me so a big thankyou :happy:) and they are sending a new one out on Monday .............. FML:arghh:

Reactions: Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @Gaz-M - thanks for the tip re training chart - that must be in all my pump starter kit blurb - will dig out that natty zippy briefcasey thing it came with and have a look!

When my handset on/off button went for a burton the evening before Christmas Eve I asked my diabetes centre if they had access to an Aviva Expert meter - I turned up CE morning and they gave me one they had in the cupboard! Set it up immediately while I could still access all my settings on the handset. Thankfully Roche sent me a new pump handset which arrived NYE, and the broken one limped on until then - but I still have the Expert as back-up! I'm just so used to using the bolus calculator that I would be SO lost without it!

So sorry to hear about the E57s. What a pain! Sounds a bit like my mother-in-law's stairlift - it fails regularly no matter which bits they replace - the engineers always say 'ooooh, you've been so unlucky - most of these only get their annual service and they're absolutely fine - shame about yours' kind of thing.

When one relies on a piece of kit for health (insulin pump) or independence (the stairlift) it is really disturbing when it doesn't operate correctly!

Hope Roche sort you out. Keep us posted!