Air Fryer recipes

Welshman1952

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
OK, so my very generous daughter has just bought my wife and I a wonderful and rather large air fryer.

My question is simple, does anyone have any yummy low carb plant-based/vegan recipes? Or, recipes that can be adapted to suit a couple of vegans?

Reactions: Antje77

mouseee

To be honest, I just use my air fryer like a small.oven! Everything goes in it.
Halloumi fries work well, chop them up, shove them in. Other than that, roast veg is quick and easy with various spices.
Looking forward to seeing other people's ideas though!

Edited to add.... oops just seen vegan part! Halloumi is off then!

• Agree
Reactions: MrsA2 and Paul41

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This site has vegetarian & some vegan air fryer recipes - I think you could adapt the vegetarian ones to vegan using plant base cheeses etc

Also Amazon has a few books if you don’t mind splashing out

I love my air fryer- mine has a dehydrator which is great for veggies crisps - Kale & courgette are good for this

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Not so much an air fryer recipe, more of a shallow fry one but here goes. Two cod fillets we get the frozen ones, de frost in microwave, mash up, add an egg, bit of parsley then blitz in a blender. Heat up olive oil and scoop a dollop of mashed fish in the pan with the olive oil. Manipulate into a shape that resembles a fish cake, keep shallow frying until both sides start to go golden brown. Hey presto done! They taste just like battered fish cakes from the chip shop only they contain no nasties! I have eaten so many I am growing gills!

Paul41

I like celeriac very much . You can make substitutes for chips or roasties .
Wonderful vegetable IMO had some tonight ( not airfryed ) but mashed with cauliflower.

• Agree
Reactions: Antje77

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just use anything that you'd usually cook in your main oven. No need for fancy recipes. It's just a mini fan oven.
So plant based burgers or sausages, frittatas, veg

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anything that's go in the oven, and grill too pretty much, can be done in an AF. You might need to tweak down the temperature a bit and watch timings, as our AF tends to cook more quickly than the oven or grill. I'm guessing it's the movement of the hot air being more evenly distributed than (even or fan assisted) oven.

Enjoy!