Airline Meals

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Fraddycat said:
I have just bought some Atkins bars to take with me on my next trip to the US. I will also pack almonds and pepperami. Most flights I have been on have just 1 special meal which works for diabetic, vegetarian, kosher, halal etc etc. its normally a veggie curry with rice and a piece of fruit with a salad roll and marg instead of butter. The one benefit of ordering a special meal, is that you normally get your meal first ahead of the rest of the plane :)

Don't eat too many Atkins bars in a short time. The polyols in them can give you the runs.

Viv 8)

Fraddycat

Ah, thanks Viv, I am quite sensitive to polyols - they're used in Thornton's diabetic chocolates which I love but can normally only manage 2 or 3 before the inevitable ...

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Thanks Ricky, to be honest iot just never occured to me to buy a packaged salad and then take it on board, must be thick, but trhanks very much I will do that, Deb x

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They have plastic tubs and lids so you just choose what you want. Needless to say stay away from the rice and pasta salads and pile on the protein and leaves. Some of the time they don't have plastic forks so best to take your own.