Alcoholic drinks.....

Howski

So we all know its bad ...... but I don't drink much or often (averaging probably about 3 pints a week if that) but I'd like to know how bad the things I drink are for my BG levels.

I can't seem to find much information on particular drinks - although there seems to be some on generals. Does anyone know of such a list?

My current favourite tipples are:

Guinness
Theakston's Old Peculier
Tuborg
Morgan's spiced rum
Glenmorangie
Port

any info on these drinks?

Thanks in advance!
-Howard Webb

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
From asking a similar question previously, I now know that all pints are a "no no".

Safe drinks for me are malt whisky, red wine and vodka.....but not all in the same glass. :wink:

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
I can drink 2 pints of Guinness with no problems at all.....there are other members here who have also found the same...Dillinger for one. Don't ask me why. It just is ! Oh for the time when I will be able to resume havibg a Friday drink with my mates besides diet coke etc. :wink: I haven't really missed it much but it just looks and feels good to have a pint in front of me. OK, it's a man thing. :lol:

Most Spirit's are fine as they contain little or no carbs....not sure about the spiced Rum though. testing is the only way to find out if they are good or bad for you and as always everything in moderation.

Ken

Howski

Well I looked at a bottle today and it has 0.3g carb per 100ml (about 3 shots) so not much at all.

I tested Theakston's Old Peculier today. Took a before and after reading (1 hour in) and got a raise of 0.4 ........ would this be considered a bad reaction?

srm100841

Hi,

This is another case of 'we're all different' I guess.

I usually have a couple of cans of bitter before dinner, frequently a glass or two of wine with dinner and even sometimes a brandy with cheese to finish off. More than I should have for general health reasons I know, but in terms of my BG counts then my average is 6.4 since last October when I started a low carb diet.

The information I have from the Calorie, Carb and Fat Bible indicates that the carbs in a can of bitter are 2.3, spirits generally 0 and dry wines also 0.

If I drink milk though, my levels always go above my target.

Steve