jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A hyper...??
Anyone else get this.

I work in retail, and joke I talk for a living...LoL.

However I have spotted an issue over the last few weeks,, and missus noticed it this morning.

I woke up on, kettle on, brew made...

then we discussed our day,
when at some point she asked if I was ok or having done kind of hyper fit .(cousin has poorly controlled type 1..so aware of some symptoms)

I agreed, I was babbling 10 to the dozen, and knew it.

Question is..IS this common...?

1st world bloke issue.
Says I don't talk enough...
Apparently i don't communicate with her enough or lis... whatever..

think she'd be happy, right.LOL...:D

D

Deleted Account

I assume you mean hypO as hyper usually makes us feel lethargic.
The only way of telling is with a BG reading.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, then I am corrected...thank you helen

Yes, it's a slight feeling of euphoria. Akin to a kids who has had a munch a load of additive riddled sweeties n drink.(which I haven't)

Just curious, if it's common.?
And more worrying this was just after waking when my sugars SHOULD be lowest.

Sadly I was so engrossed I ate before realising I had not taken morning readings.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
And more worrying this was just after waking when my sugars SHOULD be lowest.
Not necessarily... a lot of us have our highest readings in the morning as the liver releases a rush of glucose into your body to get you up. This is known as the Dawn Phenomenon and may well be why you were feeling a bit "hyper" . A reading would be useful.. I have built it into my morning routine.. get up, pee, weigh and blood sugar usually in that order.

D

Deleted Account

I have built it into my morning routine.. get up, pee, weigh and blood sugar usually in that order.
Me too ... without the weighing bit.
It is usually emerge from bed, pee, BG test, correct, clean teeth, shower, dress, dry hair, do anything I need to my pump, test again, insulin dose, breakfast.
The double testing allows me to monitor any DP impact, correct if anything happened overnight and dose from the actual starting point for breakfast.
I guess it is different without the insulin.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Interesting BB.
You maybe onto something there,
I am normally pretty religious in my morning rituals, like yourself and you too, Helen.

But not this morning, sadly, but I shall monitor closely next time.

Would I be right in think others have had some form of this "euphoria" even if it manifests itself in a less talkative fashion ?

Last edited:

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Would I be right in think others have had some firm of this "euphoria" even if it manifests itself in a less talkative fashion ?

I can't say I have.... but then again I tend to avoid people almost all the time and while I'm doing my morning routine hubby is out walking the dog so...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So I'm guessing, your husband's never mentioned it, either.

One I'll have to keep an eye on, then.

Cheers BB.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
People being “hyper” as the word used in everyday language may or may not have anything to do with diabetes - hyperglyceamia = high blood sugars, hyperactivity and hypermania refer to high levels of activity and mood - all are often shortened to being “hyper”. Only a BG reading can confirm if anything diabetes related is likely to be going on