Amazed, And Thank You!

Glennis67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I’ve had my first diabetes checkup after three months of a low carb lifestyle recommended by this forum.

I knew the results were good (6.6 now 5.8) but didn’t expect the diabetes nurse to say “I wish I had more patients like you”, “excellent results”, “amazing” and “you should be aiming at remission” !!!!

Gobsmacked!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done! Keep up the good work!

Reactions: Glennis67

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I’ve had my first diabetes checkup after three months of a low carb lifestyle recommended by this forum.

I knew the results were good (6.6 now 5.8) but didn’t expect the diabetes nurse to say “I wish I had more patients like you”, “excellent results”, “amazing” and “you should be aiming at remission” !!!!

Gobsmacked!
DNs clearly have many patients who don’t make changes. Congratulations and well done for deciding to manage your health condition and start turning it around. Celebrations are in order this bank holiday weekend then onwards and downwards!

DavidGrahamJones

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Newspapers
Gobsmacked!

Well done! Hang on to that DN. I'm also lucky that my DN (and GP) are very happy with my low carb approach. Not HF so much as not only does my stomach object but my total cholesterol tends to go up, but I no longer take the low fat approach as recommended by my wife's Weight Watchers diet.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Great HBa1c reduction @Glennis67 - well done! :)
It's good you have a supportive DN, my DN say I am the surgery's 'star patient'!