And tonights silly question is

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thundercat said:
You've gone off jelly!! What??!!! Sacrilege! Don't give up hope, maybe just a little break from it and you'll be okay. The patience of jelly is infinite it will wait for you. (Unless the rest of us have eaten it all first. Oooops!:smile:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

It's true, your love will return! I didn't see it for years and now all of a sudden I'm.a jelly fiend!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I'm afraid your in denial, better to face up to your jelly addiction, just say yes! And remember a jelly is for life not just for Christmas, I bought a basket full in asda tonight :)

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well said Andy. We need to bring jelly addiction out of the shadows and into the light! Say it loud and say it proud I LOVE JELLY!!!!! :grin:

X-entricity

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sugar free jelly, with some fruit in and low fat yoghurt sprinkled with some chopped nuts, is a fantastic pudding. 4 times a week at least.

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Excellent Andy. My passion for jelly is matched only by my love for SK books. Looking forward to his new one in the Autumn but I think this collaboration could be a best seller. :grin:

layla b

Thanks to you all for this wonderful topic - at last something to laugh about with other diabetics. Best laugh I've seen on the website - and why is everything else about diabetes so serious?

How's this for a laugh?

I am 68 and was diagnosed with diabetes around 10 years ago, when my then partner was busy dying of cancer. I managed it pretty well for 8 years on diet and exercise, and tried to stay free of stressful situations, as I noticed my blood sugar went up when I was stressed, although none of the health professionals at that time would acknowledge the possibility of that.

Stress was the main cause when my blood sugar rose a couple of years ago, and they pestered me with various medications until I found one I could tolerate (Liraglutide). Recently my blood sugar went up again (stress again), and I missed a couple of doses of medication when I was travelling last month. I expected my blood sugar to go up again, but it actually went DOWN.

I am now experimenting with diet and exercise again (with the knowledge of the relevant health professionals - who now acknowledge that stress IS a factor in blood sugar levels), and after several weeks my blood sugar levels are still low and I am losing weight with the Intermittent Fasting diet, also known as the 5:2 diet or the Fast diet. (Look up Michael Mosley's book on it - very interesting!)

And the crowning touch is that I have now, thanks to all your lovely posts, discovered that I can eat jelly too! And the Sun is shining! Nearly as good as sex - but not quite.

Laughter and humour and music are the best stress relievers I know. (I could mention sex again, but nobody would believe me at my advanced age....).

So laugh and sing and make music and love as much as you can, however old you are, and may the Goddess bless you all with a laugh and a kiss every day.

Goodbye, and thanks for all the jelly xxxxxxxxxxxx :lol:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Andy12345 said:
Hi, I am becoming addicted to these no added sugar mini jelly pots, I am on 3 a day, myfitnesspal loves them as much as me, is that ok ya think?
Andy

Thank you, thank you, thank you Andy12345
worship_zps655bb44c.gif

I thought I was the only diabetic in the whole
wide world addicted to these sugar free jelly's.
I looooooove them.

worship_zps655bb44c.gif

:thumbup: weewillie. :lol:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
hehe, had 3 last night , im celebrating tonight it could get messy, imagine if i die and they autopsy me, "we found 10 kilos of of jelly in hes stomach"

K

Kat100

Ummmmmmm
Had one of those jellies with my lunch....ummmmm
Keep at least 12 pots of then in the fridge...
Wish there were other deserts that I could eat and buy..
A bit hooked on the odd wight watchers fruit yogurt....
Now I have moved off the jelly subject
Happy weekend to everyone.....:)

LaughingHyena

Just made a desert my kids call strawberry wobble ready for tomorrow.

Instead of using water to make up the jelly I used greek yoghurt. Just mix the jelly power with a bit of hot water to get it disolved then whisk in a big tub of greek yoghurt. It sets into a nice mouse sort of thing.

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Andy12345 said:
hehe, had 3 last night , im celebrating tonight it could get messy, imagine if i die and they autopsy me, "we found 10 kilos of of jelly in hes stomach"

I kid you not. Be careful with that stuff. There was a documentary on TV in the 1980s called Tales Of The Unexpected - Royal Jelly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aquw25MH2lM

Cultivator

Hi All, I wouldn't dream of rainingon anyone's parade - but, I developed a mega sugar free jelly habit a few month ago and,after a coupled of weeks I realised it was giving me really bad headaches .. check how much aspartame (or whatever artificial sweetener it is) in it... I have to admit I made up the last packet out of the cupboard the other day after a couple of months off and have aten about 3 of them today so far - but the headaches are worth avoiding I think, so I'll not be buying any more (til I forget again!) :)

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yorksman said:
Andy12345 said:

I kid you not. Be careful with that stuff. There was a documentary on TV in the 1980s called Tales Of The Unexpected - Royal Jelly.

THIS WAS NUTS! (He gave it to the baby).

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
MCMLXXIII said:
Yorksman said:
Andy12345 said:

THIS WAS NUTS! (He gave it to the baby).

OH MY GOD, i used to have nightmares about this when i was young, i particularily remember this episode as being horific, im going to have trouble sleeping now, but i havent had any headaches lately so ill sit up eating jelly all night....and avoiding bees of course :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Ok could a moderater please go through this thread and remove any anti-jelly posts please, I find these spiritually and morally offensive and frankly unkind to jelatin and and other wobbly substances, thanks

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Andy12345 said:
Ok could a moderater please go through this thread and remove any anti-jelly posts please, I find these spiritually and morally offensive and frankly unkind to jelatin and and other wobbly substances, thanks

I agree. It affects my motivation for the day to see people bad mouthing jelly!