carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
i have never been to America perhaps I would disapear :shock:
CAROL:

lynde89

I must admit I have been eating the jello tubs, they come in. 3 pack (so one pack a day right?? :)) hubby is from Cali so we get some if the US stuff.

Must admit it never crossed my mind to put cream on it!! I've recently discovered I LOVE cream, so thank you! Your opening new doors for me :)

I will admit the different names/words can caused a muddle & still does for us sometimes (scrabble & upwords is a nightmare!! Haha). But we are a bilingual household hehe.

I'm not craving jelly & whipped cream! :)
Might have to do the ole jelly made with some lemonade too!

Oh, do you guys have the plain jelly? I've seen they do the little tubs in Tesco with fruit in also? Are these any good?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Im not sure if they are also ok, ive often wondered, you could always buy the packets and make it up putting fruit in the bottom of the bowl, as a kid we were never without jelly with fruit in it in the fridge :) and my old mum used to use diet lemonade too instead of water.

Im not sure about plain. i recently bought gelatine and vege gel....because im still collecting recipe items so if i see something in a shop i remember seeing in a recipe ill buy it and wait until it comes up again :) i think it may be non flavoured but really not sure

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Jelly and cream_______Yuk....

Surely the only thing to serve with Jelly is Cornish ice cream :wink:

carandol

Type of diabetes
Type 2
When I were a lad, my mum always put an eel at the bottom of the trifle. Tell that to the kids today and they don't believe you! :grin:

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
I could say, "Life is just a bowl of jello" & appear more intelligent & smart, but I'm only a ****-eyed optimist....

bernie.freeman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
selfish people
Sugar free jelly and extra thick double cream .......................yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D :D One of my five a day every day !!

MCMLXXIII

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I would rather drink crab juice laced with mountain dew

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do they sell it at Tescos :?: :lol:
CAROL

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Andy12345 said:
I am becoming addicted to these no added sugar mini jelly pots, I am on 3 a day,

Have you tried jelly pots anonymous? Man cannot live by jelly alone.

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Yorksman said:
Andy12345 said:
I am becoming addicted to these no added sugar mini jelly pots, I am on 3 a day,

Have you tried jelly pots anonymous? Man cannot live by jelly alone.
Make your own from gelatine or vegegel & nas squash - then you can cut right down to one per day :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
We had some last night. Mini squabble over the last bit in the bowl! "Serves 3-4"....... Barely served 2 haha

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Susiebabs said:
....it's meant to serve TWO? ....... I can trough my way through a bowl in no time at all! LOL

The normal Hartleys sugar free Kelly you make at home is meant to yes! Ive decided to go ahead and assume it means 3 - 4 children......

LaughingHyena

Not keen on the pots myself, they've always seemed a strgange texture to me. Now the packets you make up yourself are a different mater entierly yum yum. Orange flavour served with a square of dark chocolate for a jaffa cake feel without the carbs, probably my favorite.

Or how about stripy jelly for a bti extra fun http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-vQ_VX1YJgPs/UCgEgxfV12I/AAAAAAAAAUM/NucPlH2bfjA/s1600/IMG_4921.JPG I added a bit of extra gelatin so they could be sliced. The clear layers are plain SF jelly, the others have a spoon or two of greek yoghurt stirred in.

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I've gone off sugar free jelly as it was the only option offered to diabetics as a pudding when I was in hospital. Got a bit boring after 3 weeks !!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Omg I'm trying that! Stripes? Oh yes I need stripesssss

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You've gone off jelly!! What??!!! Sacrilege! Don't give up hope, maybe just a little break from it and you'll be okay. The patience of jelly is infinite it will wait for you. (Unless the rest of us have eaten it all first. Oooops!:smile: