Another Food Industry Attack on Keto

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The source is the Daily Mail. They also publish articles on people spontaneously combusting.

That's what I thought initially too! "Daily Meal", "Daily Mail". Perhaps the name similarity is intentional.

A few articles were well written and truly informative, but most not. I think she's being paid by the food industry, but I'm basing that assumption only on her unwillingness to learn more about the diets history. Joslin used the diet to treat diabetes in the early 1900's prior to the use of insulin, also it was used to treat obesity in the 1800's. Atkins didnt create the diet, he just reintroduced it and popularized it. Then Eric Westman, MD and a team of researchers began studying the diet, prior to Adkin's head injury and death a few weeks later, in the early 2000's.

When I started the diet, I read all of researchers Phinney's and Volek's work on the diet, which ultimately led to the creation of Virta Health in the US.

What most people don't know is that it is now the most studied diet. And most importantly, when done properly, it works very well for managing type 1 diabetes as Richard Bernstein demonstrated, and type 2's too.

This diet is not going away. It works for many people. The food industry needs to get on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: AloeSvea and ert

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have spent - I think - about 35 years on a low carb diet, and about 10 arguing with doctors who would not accept that their diet advice was wrong overall - and very wrong for me personally.
During the times I have been eating low carb I have never felt better and had the energy to grow a lot of food in the garden, particularly at the last house - I built a greenhouse and tried out lots of different food plants - the radish 'long white icicle' was a hoot - it grew about 2ft long and looked like a parsnip. More people should grow their own veges - that would scare the food industry.

Reactions: zand