1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Another new gizmo

Discussion in 'Fitness, Exercise and Sport' started by LaoDan, Sep 8, 2020.

1. LaoDan

LaoDan Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Leg day. First time in the trap.
    3x 12 in the squat rack
    3x 12 squats in the smith machine
    3x 12 leg extensions
    3x 10 in the trap

my derrière is going to be sore

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. LaoDan

Effects of weight training on my BG. Testing breakfast, smoked salmon and an egg, post workout, 3oz orange juice, steak and eggs. Dinner whey protein shake

DBB5F90D-A215-4EF2-BFAD-69B3755D237C.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. sno0opy

sno0opy Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I find stepping sets are the best for me - really help progress and also helps with making sure form is right

So i do 8, 6, 4, 4, 6, 8 reps with increasing weight on the way up and decreasing on the way down. Especially with free weights but i tend to do that rep.weight pattern on all resistance stuff

• Like Like x 2
  4. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@LaoDan you do squats in the trap? Or something else I'm not imagining?
    @sno0opy I used to free weight train upper body in my early 40's. I would decrease weight as the sets went on. Not an expert at all but had a great book for form and imaginative exercises. Now, in my late 60's and with wrecked hands and wrists from a lifetime of flute playing, I take barre. We use light weights-- the highest I will go is 4 lb, and otherwise a 2+1 so I can dump either one in the middle of "swan arms". My best ever on that was a nonstop run of 4 sets of 64 reps, 2 sets at 3 lb, 1 at 2, and the last one at 1. It's not much, but I was tickled!

• Like Like x 1
  5. LaoDan

@zauberflote yes, supposed to be a dead lift ended up doing squats.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook