Reactions: zauberflote

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Effects of weight training on my BG. Testing breakfast, smoked salmon and an egg, post workout, 3oz orange juice, steak and eggs. Dinner whey protein shake

DBB5F90D-A215-4EF2-BFAD-69B3755D237C.jpeg

Reactions: zauberflote

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I find stepping sets are the best for me - really help progress and also helps with making sure form is right

So i do 8, 6, 4, 4, 6, 8 reps with increasing weight on the way up and decreasing on the way down. Especially with free weights but i tend to do that rep.weight pattern on all resistance stuff

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@LaoDan you do squats in the trap? Or something else I'm not imagining?
@sno0opy I used to free weight train upper body in my early 40's. I would decrease weight as the sets went on. Not an expert at all but had a great book for form and imaginative exercises. Now, in my late 60's and with wrecked hands and wrists from a lifetime of flute playing, I take barre. We use light weights-- the highest I will go is 4 lb, and otherwise a 2+1 so I can dump either one in the middle of "swan arms". My best ever on that was a nonstop run of 4 sets of 64 reps, 2 sets at 3 lb, 1 at 2, and the last one at 1. It's not much, but I was tickled!

Reactions: LaoDan

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
@zauberflote yes, supposed to be a dead lift ended up doing squats.