Another new T2

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
Doug

I had a range of blood tests done but this was before I was diagnosed but I have never been given the results. I am due to go for a blood test on19th November for a range of things ready perhaps for the consultants appointment at the hospital. Clearly it is me that needs the results most so I will ensure that I get them.

I have started using my bg monitor and from the results I am getting it would appear that I need to keep my carbs to the just about non-existent level to stay anywhere near the desired numbers. I hope I don’t have to get more complicated than that as moles and other numbers as talked about in other posts leave me completely bewildered. Perhaps that is because I don’t have ay blood results, eh?!

One good thing is that my blood pressure is amazingly good and when considering all the problems I have been having I think that being able to get it out of my system on here and getting back such great support is a possible reason. :D

The best thing is that I am feeling so much better, pain just down to an occasional dull ache and I have had an unbroken night of sleep. :D

Thank you everyone. :D

wallycorker

Hope that the doctors will sort things out for you soon and that you'll soon be feeling a lot better.

Good luck and best wishes - John

Synonym

Dislikes
Having no energy as this is so limiting.
I am pleased to report that I have seen the consultant who is happy for me to go low carb. I was given a bg meter and have been amazed at the numbers after eating even a small amount of carbs so have viciously cut them out and am getting carbs from fruit and veg with plenty of protein. I feel so much better!! :D

My friends and family think that I am going to die if I don’t have what they call a balanced diet which I find really funny given that when I ate a ‘good’ normal diet I thought I really was dying as it made me feel so ill! Grains do not like me – sad but true. :(

I have decided that whatever happens I will do my own thing as much as possible and keep testing to check my levels.

I am expecting to have to go on some form of medication after my next appointment in February but am determined to get my bg levels as low as possible and sort it out as much as I can before then. I can afford to lose a fair bit of weight but there may well come a time when I don’t need to lose any more (hopefully :) ) and I presume that I will need to eat more and that I will need the medication to cope with the increase in carbs - even though I will still keep them to a minimum.

Thank you so much for all your input and help, it helped me through a pretty bad patch, and I am pleased to say that optimism has returned. This forum is a great resource.

wallycorker

Great news all that Synonym,

You might find that you can eat a lot of carbohydrate as fruit and vegetables - I can.

However, you sound as though you are well on track to get things sorted. Well done!

Best wishes and good luck with your improvement programme.

John