Any 9-11 year olds out there?

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi,
I'm 11 and have been feeling really alone for the last few weeks.I'm a type 1 diabetic desperate to meet other kids around my age. I think it would help me because I've never known someone my age with T1 Diabetes. :!:. My last HBA1C was 8.5 and I think if I knew some of you it might boost my confidence to get it into the 7ns. I can't waint to meet anyone!!!
Thanks
xxx

irishead

Hey! I've literally turned 12 (22nd Jan) and I got diagnosed on the 12th Jan. I'm happy to chat with anyone really, I'm kinda new to stuff but I know a lot. If you wanna chat, I'd love to get to know someone!!!! Do you do injections, have a pump? How many times do you check your blood? I'm very curious aswell and I know only a couple of people that have Type 1. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
irishead said:
Hey! I've literally turned 12 (22nd Jan) and I got diagnosed on the 12th Jan. I'm happy to chat with anyone really, I'm kinda new to stuff but I know a lot. If you wanna chat, I'd love to get to know someone!!!! Do you do injections, have a pump? How many times do you check your blood? I'm very curious aswell and I know only a couple of people that have Type 1. X

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hey, I'd love to talk! I'm on a pump (Accu-chek combo). I ussally check my blood about 5 times a day. I'd love to get to know you. I've had diabetes for 9 years now, and still have never talked to someone with T1. OMG i'm so happy!!!!! :!: :lol: :D I'll sent you my email address (if u want) by privite message !

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hello All...

Please can I remind all younger posters to read this link before giving any email address's out .
It is to protect all younger members - that I am adding this link in this post :)

PLEASE READ viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4792

Any worries or concerns contact a mod in 'green ' or myself in 'blue' .
We will do our best to help you all . :thumbup:

Anna.

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Mummyrobinson said:
Hi I'm Bethany and I have type 1 diabetes and my mum has to get up every night to test me I would like someone to talk to maybe ? X

Hi Bethany,
How long have you had diabetes for? Are you on injections? I'd like to chat too, can't wait for your reply. :p :!:

Mummyrobinson

I've had diabeties since i was 3 I go high school I have 4 injections a day it's frustrating because sometimes it hurts I have my own account now ill tell u what I'm called x

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Ya thanks bethany,
I'd like to know your account. I take it (because your in High school) your 12? :?: I'm in year 6 at primary. I've had diabetes since I was 2 . xxx

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dont worry, I know you won't eat me.At first I was slightly 'weird' about it but not any more. Yes I live in England, do you?

Dislikes
Diabetes!
Hi girls/boys. My son Alfie was diagnosed on Saturday and has been very poorly. We know no one with diabetes type 1 and i'm certain Alfie would love some new friends who know what he has coming to him :) He is 11 and lives in Nottinghamshire x

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Districtnurse37,
I know hard the last few days must have Been for you and Alfie. I take it he's on injections(because he's newly diagnoesed). I am 11(girl) and live in Gloucster. I take it you live far away from me, but I'm happy to talk to Alfie online :) . I was diagnoesd when I was 2yrs old.
Thanks x :D

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Bethany,
Cool I live in Gloucester, at least 3 hours away. I'm glad that we can chat. So, what do you want to talk about. Maybe advice, or just talk about diabetes in general!

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Cool,
I live in gloucster (about 3hrs away from you) :D Do you wanna talk about diabetes in general or advice or what? :)