Any 9-11 year olds out there?

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I don't have injections, I have a pump (accu-check spirit combo). But the amount of units a day for me is around 23. :) . My blood tests are ussaly along the lines of 5-11. Although every few days i'll go ino the 20s

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Great Idear!
Although at first the needles look HUGE, they rarely hurt. Also your mum wont have to get up in the night because of basel ( they will tell you this at hospital). Of ccourse if you feel high/low you will have to do a BG level test.
xxx

diabetesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi,

I thought I'd just introduce myself - I am Lovelylivpet's mum. Just keeping an eye on my daughter's online activities, which will probably embarrass her, but there you go :lol: !

Reactions: MH2010

cammy11

Im a 11 year old boy who got dignosed on the 1 st of January this year and I want to talk and maybe meet up one day to talk and ask how you felt when you were first dignosed.

cammy11

anyone wan to just talk about diabetes. I tak 4 injections a day 3 Novorapid and 1 Glargine the 3 for meals and the 1 for bedtime my blood is usually in between 4-7 but never above 15 always belowthe lowest it's it's ever been is 3.0. I was a week of a cormer but my Dad has diabetes so he checked my blood and it was 33.3 or over so im glad he checked it my stepsister just ate alot of chocolate and her's was 7.2

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hi Emma,
Your'e quite new to diabetes then, but I bet you've learn't alot because you have to of done. I have been diagnosed for nearly 9 years, I was 2 and now 11. Nice to talk so far... can't wait to hear what you have to say. :)

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
:D
aisha khan said:
Hi im 11 years old and iv had diabetes since i was 5 i have NO diabetic friends :(

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hi,
I know how you feel, thats why I set up this post. You ave a friend in e now, so your're on injections then... I think. I'm on a pump - accucheck spirit combo. It turned my life around.

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Emilycbrown123 said:
Hello my names Emily and I live in Hertfordshire I was diagnosed when I was four an I have just turned thirteen would really like to get to know other people with type 1 like me x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hi,
Well, there's loads of people on here that are our age groop ( Including me ) ! I'm also 11 and would like to get to know anybody. Warning: I might sound really posh at times, I know because people tell me ( in an affenceive way). :)

Lovelylivpet

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Meganbd said:
Hi I'm Megan I'm also 11 years old and my HBA1C is 7.9 we sound like we are In a similar situation I'd love to chat

Hi Megan,
Good HB1C, mines high at 8.5 but planning to get it down :) . Are your parents (or you) strict about diabetes. Stuff like what you eat or do you just sort of get on with it?