1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Any 9-11 year olds out there?

Discussion in 'Children & Teens' started by Lovelylivpet, Feb 15, 2013.

1. Meganbd

Meganbd · Member

I'm not strict about it and neither are my parents although we all make sure that i try to eat the right things

2. Lovelylivpet

Lovelylivpet Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Yeah same, thats only normal though. Got to admit though, just wen't over to a friends house and ate a whole easter egg. :thumbdown: . Epic fail!

3. matthew2909

matthew2909 Type 1 · Newbie

hi my name is matthew i am 11 years old and i have type 1 i will be your friends i don't have many other people with diabetes around my age and i am not the popular in school

4. Kimnc

Kimnc Type 1 · Newbie

Hi Guys, my son is 12 and us about to start on the Accu check pump. He was diagnosed type1 when he was 2. If any of you would like to email him about your diabetes or give him any advise on the pump please feel free to email him on [email protected]
    He is also an Ambassador for JDRF.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

5. abbydoot

abbydoot · Member

Hi I'm 11 too and was just about to post the same thing. I have actually only met 1 diabetic my age and it was someone on a tube train in London lol. I love to be your friend :)

6. basketballjack

basketballjack Type 1 · Active Member

Hi guys I'm 10 and I like basketball and PlayStation I've got a playstation 2 . My brother lives in London.

7. DiabeticRuby10

DiabeticRuby10 Type 1 · Member

Hi there!
    I'm a ten year old girl and have had Type 1 Diabetes for nearly three months now. I feel really like I'm the only one who feels like I feel because of Diabetes yet I know it's not true. This is because the only other Type 1 Diabetic I know is a boy in my year. He's on a pump and has had Diabetes since before school, whereas I am on injections and don't feel like I can relate to him in any way. I'd love someone to talk to!!

8. Ariel_03

Ariel_03 Type 1 · Newbie

Hi Ruby, I'm 14 & I would also love someone to talk to because, I'm on injections & I only know of 1 boy ( my bff's brother) that has diabetes, & he is 17 now & has a pump, so I don't talk to him at all not to mention about something like diabetes. If you want to talk I'm here

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook