1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Any advice on wheatgrass juice powder and apple cider vinegar

Discussion in 'Other Diabetic Medications' started by Juso, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Juso

Juso Type 2 · Member

I want to try both of these after seeing loads of videos on utube. Has anyone tried either one or both of these? I am on metformin and not sure if these remedies are compatible with diabetes drugs. I believe they are both helpful at reducing blood sugar levels and I really want to get off metformin because of wind and constipation.

• Hug Hug x 1
  2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I know I was told by my GP not to use apple cider vinegar because of conflicts with my Digoxin heart medication. He did not mention Metformin tho'.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. NoCrbs4Me

NoCrbs4Me I reversed my Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Wheatgrass juice powder and apple cider vinegar? Sounds awful!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

never tried wheatgrass juice..sounds like it shouldn't be any good for T2D.

ACV..i bought hoping it would lower my BG in mornings...(as that's what i read it could do )

but if i'm honest.. not sure if it did, as i did other things as well, that may have helped.

but i did find i LIKED the taste and carried on drinking it.
    I doesn't seem to of had a negative impact, and i'm happy to THINK it's doing some good.
    so until i hear otherwise it's on my list of 'likes'

oh, and i'm on metformin and no issues to report.

be interested to hear your take on either if you should try them.

good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hotpepper20000

Hotpepper20000 · Well-Known Member

My pet rabbits like it before its juiced.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. NoCrbs4Me

Wheat grass is what my food eats.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Mr_Pot

Mr_Pot Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Grass, wheat grass is his favourite, is what my dog eats to make himself sick.

8. NoCrbs4Me

I don't eat dogs.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

I ate some food in Singapore years ago, I asked the street vendor what it was and she went "Woof". Very tasty as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Juso

Juso Type 2 · Member

I will report back in a few weeks. Apparently you take a shot of wheatgrass in the morning before breakfast or it can be mixed in a smoothie, and drink diluted apple cider vinegar before meals or else with a meal. I am pleased to hear you haven’t had any adverse effects with metformin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. TrevorFisher

TrevorFisher Type 2 · Member

Acv is also a good treatment for arthritis

12. statler

statler Type 2 · Active Member

currently into week 3 of trying acv, despite all the vitriol on youtube if its having any affect on my levels its very small, plus chugging down a glass on a morning is rather an effort, if you havent smelt it yet dont be thinking cos its made from apples it tastes nice, it doesnt taste or smell any different from malt vinegar, even in some dilute fruit drink it still tastes foul, but good luck

13. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Tried AVC once or twice before meals but haven't done any regular drinking of it on its own.. I do like it on salads or even a dash in the yoke of soft boiled eggs. I find it has a much pleasanter taste than vinegar which seems to have lost its tanginess or perhaps my taste buds have changed as I have got older. Haven't noticed whether its doing anything regarding blood sugars though. Cannot comment regarding reactions with Metformin as I am diet controlled only.

Tried cinnamon and fenugreek as well as they too are supposed to help lower blood sugars. In the case of cinnamon its supposed to also help with insulin resistance. Idea as to eat half a teaspoon of cinnamon a day, thought it would be ok but it was too strong for me raw, maybe will try tablet form as its also supposed to lower cholesterol and my cholesterol was up last bloods. Fenugreek I tried sprinkling on food but again its an acquired taste. Think its just hard slog and good motivation that gets results.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook