Any Beatles fans?

Insulin_John

And which are your favourite tracks?

I've always loved this band's music- not the early stuff really, but the post-touring/studio material 1966 onwards- maybe including Rubber Soul from the mid-career period.

Many people that 'diss' them usually have only ever heard those admittedly simplistic dance tunes- yet v.good for their time, not their innovative and sometimes even usually 'unplayed' songs, such as Sexy Sadie, Getting Better, Tomorrow Never Knows, Because and Revolution.

The earlier tracks (ie She Loves You) paled in comparison to the later songs of the colossal talents of Lennon, McCartney & Harrison, when they had the time to write, perform and experiment properly.

I think their later stuff stands the test of time.

lilibet

Ooh, me! Am life long fan

Love all their stuff, including early stuff which i probably loved the most when I was younger. Please please me is my fav early album. The Night Before (Help) was played to death when I was wee!

However, White Album is my favourite album overall (Happiness is a warm gun)

L

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi John,
I used to watch the Beatles amongst other groups in the early sixties, then relatively unknown outside Liverpool. I actually met John and Paul in a coffee bar in Birkenhead little was I to know that they were to become so famous. I saw them a few times in the Cavern Club (still got my my 1962 membership card) what they played then was far better than the early commercial record releases.

Regards Graham

JohnRJ

Hi John

I also saw the Beatles live in concert in Luton they were fantastic.
About a year before i see them my sister was waiting outside a dance hall in Luton to see the Beatles they were not that famous at that time and George Harrison was running into the dance hall after unloading a Dormobile and knocked my sister over he stopped and helped her up and said sorry love that as always been my sister's claim to fame.
My favorite track as always been Jude.
O happy day's that was 1963 when i see them 2 months before i married my wife as a teenager still together 46 years later.
John

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
No - I'm an amateur entomologist - here's a nice bug :D

Attachments

• Blackberry bug R.jpg
    Blackberry bug R.jpg