Any tips on breaking through a plateau?

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
When I was diagnosed Type2 last January, my only symptom that I noticed was steady inexplicable weight loss. After a stone, I went to the doctor.

Initially I followed a low GI diet, and the weight loss continued, another stone came off. With hindsight my BGs were still too high and that may have been why I carried on losing weight.

About four months ago I switched to counting carbs. Result - my BGs are much lower and closer to the normal range, although spiking in the evenings up to 7/8. Secondary result - all weight loss stopped on a sixpence.

So here I am. BMI of 28. Two stones heavier than I want to be. Less than 40g of carb a day. Around 1500 calories a day. Probably dont exercise enough, but I do all the housework, and thats pretty physically active, and its a heck of a trek around Tesco you know! No weight loss in last three months.

Any tips for restarting weight loss. Apart from the fat fast. No please....not the fat fast.

johnts

Only thing I can think of is more exercise and maybe reduce the calories further I know weight after the initial fluids have gone the fat takes longer