Anybody else's husband/ partner been diagnosed ?

louch1

I am a type 2 diabetic and husband recently found out he was a. Diabetic as well. Does anybody else's partner seem to refuse or not understand what it means to be a diabetic. He hasn't informed work . So frustrating.

Reactions: 2 people

numan43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've been type 2 for 21+ years now and I've never met anyone outside the medical people or other diabetics who understand how serious it is and that includes my wife, she seems to think that because I dont inject that its not a major problem even though I have retenopathy , neuropathy and had a stroke last year. Even after 20 years I still have to point out what I cant eat.

Mrsmac247

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The other day I encouraged my partner to get tested as our diets were similar including risk factors of a larger stomach, stress through our daughters condition and a family history. The GP is really hard to get an appointment but after several phone calls they agreed to fill out the blood form. He was then told it would take a further 3 weeks for the nurse appointment to take bloods.

I think we have silently decided not to bother as he also changed his diet to the same that I am eating and we presume that if he did have diabetes, it may not be picked up now his diet and exercise had changed.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
The wife has T2 amongst a lot of other problems!
She does struggle with the whole lot of different symptoms!