Anyone heard of a new product called DEcarb.

MichaelUK

Hiya everyone

Just wonder if anyone has any experience with the follow product.
Was just wondering if it could help people who are have problems sticking to the low carb lifestyle.
I have not tried this and am no way involved in the company thats selling this.

What is DEcarb™?
decarb.co.uk/what-is-decarb/

Michael

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds expensive. 3 tablets before each meal? That's gonna set you back a few quid. One girl on the site started at 15st and got down to 10st. THAT'S pretty impressive.

justbuzme

seem like most pills

"When combined with a sensible approach to eating and moderate exercise, DEcarb™ can help combat the effects of a carb-rich diet for people struggling to achieve or maintain a healthy weight."

if you eat less and do exercise you loose weight and does not cost so much

Dollyrocker

I wouldn't be surprised if it has sidde effects similar to the Alli pills, those carbs have to go somewhere and I've heard some horror stories about explosive diahorrea from Alli users!

I wouldn't try it

PickledPepper

Theoretically, I'd get some (if they worked) just so I could have a carb laden meal once in a while. Especially as I seem hyper sensitive to the stuff. A mere 23g(!!!) of Shredded Wheat had me up to 10.5 @ 1 hour the other day........ :(

But right now, that is a luxury one can't afford.

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

BLINKERED people who think their way is the ONLY way.

Eating LOADS of SAT FATS. I HATE SAT FATS.

Did I mention I dislike KNOW-ALLS.

People desperate for attention and recognition.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Patch said:
justbuzme said:
if you eat less and do exercise you loose weight and does not cost so much
Prove it.

My wife and I are proof, she eatls less than what she used to and excerscises & I eat less but can not excercise because of other health problems. She has lost 4 stones and I have lost 2 stones. She is now "overweight" by only 1 stone instead of being "obese" and I have reached my optimal weight with a BMI of just over 24.

And as justbuzzme said, eating less does cost less as well, simples. :D

Ka-Mon

Dislikes
Childish people who start childish arguments. KNOW-ALLS who claim they can help people to control their Diabetes without knowing their medical back ground.

People who get angry when they don't receive anything in return for helping others.
Patch said:
Ka-mon said:
My wife and I are proof, she eatls less than what she used to

Eats less of what?

Less of everything, especially saturated fats.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Patch said:
Sounds expensive. 3 tablets before each meal? That's gonna set you back a few quid. One girl on the site started at 15st and got down to 10st. THAT'S pretty impressive.

As a low carber I have lost 3 stone by just reducing carbs. I am diet only and have successfully controlled my Diabetes for 3 years. Personally I would not pay for a pill when I can do it naturally.

Ken ( cugila) lost over 5 ½ stone by reducing carbs and by using Byetta. All at no cost on the NHS.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
sugarless sue said:
Patch said:

As a low carber I have lost 3 stone by just reducing carbs. I am diet only and have successfully controlled my Diabetes for 3 years. Personally I would not pay for a pill when I can do it naturally.

Ken ( cugila) lost over 5 ½ stone by reducing carbs and by using Byetta. All at no cost on the NHS.

I bet them charity bags we all get through the door came in handy then Sue! :D

Nigel

Ka-Mon

Dislikes

Personally I would not trust any medication which were not prescribed for me by my Doctors. I definitely would not buy any on the Internet.

I agree with sugarless sue, why pay for pills when weight loss can be achieved naturally.

jpg

I'm guessing that some of the £70 cost of the Byetta pen should be factored in - I know weight loss is a side-effect but we all know that some medicos prescribe Byetta as much for its appettite suppressant as its antidiabetic properties.

jpg

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
jpg said:

I'm guessing that some of the £70 cost of the Byetta pen should be factored in - I know weight loss is a side-effect but we all know that some medicos prescribe Byetta as much for its appettite suppressant as its antidiabetic properties.

jpg

Why should something that actually costs ME nothing be factored in ? The OP is talking about some very expensive pills not available on the NHS. I haven't had to waste my own money on 'diet' pills which is what some people have done, using products such as de-carb and slimming clubs.

I wasn't prescribed Byetta for weight loss I was already losing plenty of weight due to my diet changes prior to the prescription.. I was prescribed Byetta for the fact that it reduces Bg levels not as an appetite suppressant, that is just something which was a side benefit. I lost the weight because I first of all low carbed then changed to reduced carbs. My Endo told me at the time it was being prescribed because my Bg levels were out of control. As to how much the Byetta has helped as opposed to the dietary changes I couldn't really say.

Ken

stewart.uk

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Not eating fast carbs.
Anyone Tried DEcarb? (shape smart)

Ya it's cheating. But what works works, right. That's if it works. That is my question, does it work? If it sounds too good to be true, it's too good to to be true! Yes. But, has anyone had a good or bad experience with DEcarb? It would be good to know.
Thanks