Anyone Shop At Lidl?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
And could possibly upload pics of nutrition for their coleslaws and high meat content sausages please?
xx

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
No! Not if it means I’d turn into a Ginger/Human cross! :cat:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Lidl in the Netherlands have multiple coleslaws, and Dutch sausages aren't at all the same as English sausages either, so I can't be of help on that.
But have you tried a Google search on the product you'd like and adding 'nutritional information' to your search?

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys but I don't trust sources like that having had them be wrong on a few occasions

@Antje77 yes that's always the first thing I do and also tried openfoodfacts with no luck
xx

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I use Lidl but don't currently have any of those products. I do see that they change recipes without any notice. Their sausages used to have higher meat content than they do now, thats in the last 6 months. Best to always check the label

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried their sausages in the last few weeks - they are not as good as the ones from the Co-op and my husband even offered to go to buy the Co-op ones rather than have the Lidl again (they were not bad he's just picky after us having butcher made sausages for decades)
I get the creamy coleslaw from Lidl, and a lot more stuff, as they seem to be a good source of most things I eat.
I buy the frozen veges and berries quite a lot.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I use Lidl but don't currently have any of those products. I do see that they change recipes without any notice. Their sausages used to have higher meat content than they do now, thats in the last 6 months. Best to always check the label
Yes I'm aware after over 4 years at this game but slightly difficult when I[m not going out xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks guys but I don't trust sources like that having had them be wrong on a few occasions

@Antje77 yes that's always the first thing I do and also tried openfoodfacts with no luck
xx

Hi do you anybody who takes a regular run to Lidl? (Like a friend.)
Maybe they could take a snap of the back panel of the packaging & "Messenger" it..

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi do you anybody who takes a regular run to Lidl? (Like a friend.)
Maybe they could take a snap of the back panel of the packaging & "Messenger" it..
I was hoping to get the information for Friday so I could get someone to pick some up for me if I deemed it suitable, unfortunately the only real regular is my grandad and although he has a phone he only knows how to answer a call :rolleyes: or that's exactly what I would have done xx

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't buy the coleslaw but here's a pic of the pork sausages label. Hope that helps. EDITED to say I think I prefer the taste of Tesco sausages better than the Lidl ones. I can't remember how many carbs exactly but I know they would be a similar amount. .

WIN_20201214_15_22_09_Pro (2).jpg

Let me know if you want a pic of the Dulano Silesian sausages I have been enjoying, also from Lidl which are 1.2gms carbs per sausage.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaylz91 and Antje77

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
WIN_20201214_15_43_16_Pro (2).jpg
Decided to post anyway - here are the Dulano Silesian Sausages which I have been enjoying they have 1.2 carbs per sausage.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't buy the coleslaw but here's a pic of the pork sausages label. Hope that helps. EDITED to say I think I prefer the taste of Tesco sausages better than the Lidl ones. I can't remember how many carbs exactly but I know they would be a similar amount. .

View attachment 46253

Let me know if you want a pic of the Dulano Silesian sausages I have been enjoying, also from Lidl which are 1.2gms carbs per sausage.
Are these the Deluxe ones? Sorry for late reply been on hold on the phone to Royal Mail most of the afternoon :rolleyes: yes I did like the Tesco ones but we only have a Lidl in our town and online shopping is done on Morrison's :rolleyes: xx

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Are these the Deluxe ones? Sorry for late reply been on hold on the phone to Royal Mail most of the afternoon :rolleyes: yes I did like the Tesco ones but we only have a Lidl in our town and online shopping is done on Morrison's :rolleyes: xx
Yes, these are the Deluxe outdoor bred British Pork Sausages. I normally just read the label for carbs but have just noted the ingredients list which has concerned me a little, I have copied below for info:

Ingredients:
95% British Port, Water, Salt, DEXTROSE, Nutmeg, White Pepper, Onion Powder, Sage, Stabiliser, Triphosphates, Coriander, Preservative: Sodium Metabisulphite; Antioxidant; Ascorbic Acid; Filled into Natural Port Casings.

Allergy advice: For allergens see ingredients in bold.

Hmm... maybe not as healthy as one would wish, don't some people use dextrose as a sugar boost. Do you want a photo of the ingredients as well?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hmm... maybe not as healthy as one would wish, don't some people use dextrose as a sugar boost. Do you want a photo of the ingredients as well?
The dextrose is simply the 'of which sugars' part, 0.7 grams per 100 grams. Like 2 small grains of granulated sugar or such, hidden in protein and fats.

Reactions: kaylz91

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Ryhia thanks and no thanks don't need the ingredients, not concerned what's in them to be fair, life's too short and I avoided a lot in my first couple of years following diagnosis due to an eating disorder I developed but thanks xx

Reactions: Antje77