Anyone stopped medication against Doc/nurses advice?

henrik7

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ok, so say you decided, all by yourself, to drop the Met for a month. Would it kill you? Would it even injure you in any noticeable way? Probably not. I'm presuming you have a meter, have strips and know how to use it and that you understand what is meant by a low carb diet and have the facilities and family support to carry it out. Keep a detailed diary, recording what you eat, symptoms, side effects and your blood sugars on waking and before and after every meal. If you need advice on any of these issues, please ask.
After only a few days, you should be able to begin to assess if you are being successful. You can always abandon the trial at any moment if things aren't looking good. If things work, you can carry on for a bit longer, then go and tell (or write to) your GP explaining your success and that you have given up the drugs. After three months, ask for an HbA1c. This will show you if more drugs/work is necessary.
Just a suggestion, it's your body.
Sally
Hi Sally , does not taking Metformin directly affect our HBA1C number if on the meter the readings are still between 4 & 7 morning and night ??? I started the Blood Sugar fasting diet a few months ago on the 13th July reduced my metforfin to one a day 500mgs sr from 4 a day and 2 glixozde 80 mgs a day any a week past Monday I stopped it and no difference on the readings I'm putting it down to the exersize regime and losing 76 pounds - feel a lot better but never went near docs no point

spendercat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty. I am kind.
Perhaps because I have several relatives and friends in healthcare professions I do not have unquestioning faith in our medical advisors, that is how I deal with my condition. Other people have utter trust in their healthcare professionals, and that is how they deal with it.
We all have our own way of getting through life.