1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2019 »
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Anyone take vitamin d3

Discussion in 'Non-Diabetic Medication' started by borderter, Oct 11, 2019.

1. borderter

borderter Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just about to start taking this and have bought vit d3 400iu so does it help and is this enough as lots of info on d but not specificaly d3

2. Tophat1900

Tophat1900 Type 3c · Well-Known Member

Good idea to get your level checked and then start the D3.... get it checked again at a later date to see if it is making a difference depending on what your original level was.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NicoleC1971

NicoleC1971 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

On the assumption that I am deficient since I do not live in California I take 1 x high strength D3/ K2 (reputed to help to carry calcium into the bones)
    I have no idea whether it has upped my levels nor do I feel any different but will carry on in good faith!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JAT1

JAT1 Type 1 · Well-Known Member

How much sun do you get?

5. lucylocket61

lucylocket61 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was going to ask about this too. I have just got the results of my Vitamin D levels test back. Its 23.4 with me having been taking 1000iu a day for nearly a year. So the dr has told me to take another 600iu a day, and get re-tested in two months.

she didnt mention Vitamin K2. How much shoud I take?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook