Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This is just daft. Cut out sugary treats? Pfft! A complete waste of money, more low fat and whole grains nonsense and doomed to failure. How many people who actually want to improve their health will become disheartened when they see little improvement in their weight and bg?

Reactions: Freema

Fleegle

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wonder how much it would cost to take the Daly Mail to court as a class action on deformation of character and false information.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
This stuff NEVER changes- until officialdom actually admit that the problem is not fats its processed foods there will e a constant vilification of meat and utter confusion as to what is good or bad in a diet.
its intensely frustrating when we can all see the answer right in front of our eyes practised on a daily basis and showing up in study after study - but the same old Garbage is being regurgitated .

Reactions: Peppergirl

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
I wish I had a pound for every time someone told me that I don't look like a type 2 diabetic. They then see me tucking into a plateful of food and ask how I am keeping the weight off. When asked I gently spread the low carb word and as a living example it does far more than preaching at people.

jonjaz

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid doctors
The world is full of skinny diabetics should we send them on a Cream Cake eating course? Yes I am overweight so what!

Reactions: Freema

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just think how much cheaper (and effective) it would be to prescribe meters and test strips and direct people to this forum.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
You can't blame the DM for this nonsense as it originates from organisations who should know better. Since when has salt had anything to do with diabetes; same for fat.

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hmmm. Any threads on Low-salt or no-salt diets to reverse diabetes? If it worked, at all, even a little bit, we would see it here. I haven't seen it here - has anyone?

The confusion around the difference between something causing something, and something co-existing with something (excuse all the somethings!) is a really common thing. Especially amongst journalists. Such things for headlines is the darling of journos, as we know.

If red meat caused diabetes our species would look very different indeed. It is an incredible pain and bore that we have to put up with such wrong-minded rot about diet associations with diabetes like that one. No wonder folks get really confused out there, reading this kind of stuff.

And another really common thing - is eating salt, especially in Sweden I must add! Where the salt intake study in diabetes was done, is HUGE. (Salt being a very popular effective preservative - getting through those long cold dark winters with food on your plate, and so is a big part of the food culture from as long as they could get a hold of it.) And - Sweden - is not a diabetes hot spot country - I could do my own association study with that one!

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmmm. Any threads on Low-salt or no-salt diets to reverse diabetes? If it worked, at all, even a little bit, we would see it here. I haven't seen it here - has anyone?

The confusion around the difference between something causing something, and something co-existing with something (excuse all the somethings!) is a really common thing. Especially amongst journalists. Such things for headlines is the darling of journos, as we know.

If red meat caused diabetes our species would look very different indeed. It is an incredible pain and bore that we have to put up with such wrong-minded rot about diet associations with diabetes like that one. No wonder folks get really confused out there, reading this kind of stuff.

And another really common thing - is eating salt, especially in Sweden I must add! Where the salt intake study in diabetes was done, is HUGE. (Salt being a very popular effective preservative - getting through those long cold dark winters with food on your plate, and so is a big part of the food culture from as long as they could get a hold of it.) And - Sweden - is not a diabetes hot spot country - I could do my own association study with that one!

I think that the big problem is that the Power that Be cannot bring themselves to use the words "PROCESSED FOODS " should be avoided like the plague - . When it says Salt should be reduced,THAT is actually what they mean . Processed foods are unnaturally high in salt and if you reduce them you will reduce salt intake. that has NOTHING to do with using natural salt alongside REAL foods,

fletchweb

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4886224/Diabetes-test-40-revealed-officials.html

Where do these people get their information from? Cut out red meat and salt???? Try giving patients the correct food information, it's not difficult. Sending people for cookery lessons will not help one little bit.

Rant over, got to think of my blood pressure.
It was the food industry that helped the general population get in to its present state - these studies are nothing more than advertisements steering people in to bad habits and poor health - it's shameful!
Just wanted to add to your rant - maybe we can get a rant choir going :) The over processed carb industry is not our friend ...

Reactions: Pogel

AloeSvea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I think that the big problem is that the Power that Be cannot bring themselves to use the words "PROCESSED FOODS " should be avoided like the plague - . When it says Salt should be reduced,THAT is actually what they mean . Processed foods are unnaturally high in salt and if you reduce them you will reduce salt intake. that has NOTHING to do with using natural salt alongside REAL foods,

Ah! Yes! Quite right. And, very interesting. Yes, indeed.

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
The DM has published enough rubbish about it. Low carb works for a lot of people including me and i was able to shed the weight....