At last, an enlightened GP.

nannoo_bird

Just back from the doctor for the result of my HbA1C blood test, which was done just after I had started the Blood Sugar diet, therefore based on my WOE before, which was out of control. My HbA1C was 107 .... . If anything has hardened my resolve to stick to this new WOE, this has done it. In the past 3 weeks, my blood sugar levels have halved.
This doctor, new to the practice, totally agreed with this WOE, and said that he follows a low carb diet as he believes processed carbs cause weight gain, and that good fats can be eaten liberally. Hooray, at last an enlightened GP. I did laugh, when I said that the "official" UK diabetes website still advocates a "balanced" diet which includes rice, pasta and potatoes. The doctor said "yes, and that is absolute bo****ks"!!!!!!!
1f642.png

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Last time I saw a gp in response to my vastly improved numbers, she said, "I've read about people like you, but I've never met one before."
Yes, I've had that comment too. Unfortunately my GO followed it up with saying he couldn't support me in this 'hippy dippy' diet. It was some time ago but I still won't see him for anything diabetes related.

@nannoo_bird Your new doctor sounds great - and funny :) You lucky thing.

Reactions: Prem51

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oops! I wonder what happened to that post - very strange.....

Rosiegough_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Evil beings. Destroying our beautiful Planet X

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Last time I saw a gp in response to my vastly improved numbers, she said, "I've read about people like you, but I've never met one before."
Makes you sound like a different species!

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes

I sometimes think we are. :) Its sad that so many people don't know about the benefits of changing their diet and rely on medication.

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

We are a pretty rare breed

Type 2 diabetes remission can occur in people who have not had weight loss surgery, but it is very, very rare. Applying the results of this study to the entire 25.6 million Americans with type 2 diabetes suggests that 384,000 people could have some type of remission in the next 7 years. However, only 1,800 people would have a remission lasting at least 5 years. - See more at: http://www.diabetes.org/research-an...tps://www.google.com.sg/#sthash.oh2j0Q1y.dpuf

Reactions: Prem51

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I'm weird as well as rare!

The surgery where I fought all my battles has changed dramatically and now initiating low carb diets to all its type two patients and on top of that encourages the medication review annually.

However, they have introduced cuts to certain meds on prescriptions.

Reactions: Moosepig and Prem51