automate batch baking

greener

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
hello!

I have bought individual sachets for low carb cakes that you only add water, mix well, then put in a tray and bake for 15min.

The problem is that I do that 7-15 times each week, to bake 7-15 cakes

is there a way to speed that up?

one thing would be to add up all the sachets and mix with the correct amount of water and then simply divide it into 7-15 portions, but I don't know 1) if it will mix well and 2) how to divide the portions equally so that I won't end up with more or less matter/carbs

any idea?

thanks!

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well if you do not want to mix it in one bowl all at the same time mix all 15 individually and put them all on a baking tin to bake and cook them all at athe same time.. This will save you money as you are not heating the oven 15 times just once.

BTW normally I just pour them in so that they look even by eye but if you want to measure them then use a measuring scoop

Reactions: 2 people

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
What sachets of cake mix are you talking about?

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @greener, that's a good question. This is how I'd do it.

If I'm making more than one cake that I need to be the same size, I mix up the mixture (and I'm sure if you bulk mix your sachets with the right amount of water for the amount you're doing it will work just fine) and then I weigh the mixture and divide that number by the number of cakes I'm making.

I then put each cake tin in turn on my digital scales and fill until I get the weight I want in there.

I'm admittedly very over-precise with things like that, but it works just fine.

But I see no reason why - especially for small cakes such as the ones you're taking about - measuring it with a scoop wouldn't work equally well.

Have a go and see!

:)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Many people use an ice cream scoop to measure cookie dough, but these sound a bit like fairy cakes?

Personally, I would start by doing a smaller batch, (say 2 or 4) so that I didn't waste too much if it didn't go so well.

I'd use a measuring jug to mix the mixture, having laid out the correct number of cup cake papers.

Pour some mixture into each paper, guessing about half of the finished quantity, then go back around the four papers again until they are filled to the same level.

Memorise the level in the paper cases.

Unless you are trying to change from several cupcakes to a larger cake or loaf shape, there should be no difference in the cooking time.

Reactions: 2 people