Autonomic Neuropathy

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello,

I have been feeling dizzy for the past 6-12 months now. I have had so many tests done to check food intolerances, vitamin levels ect. I also have coeliac disease and am type 1 diabetic. I also get really bad bloating no matter what i eat. I could eat 1 rice cracker and i’ll look about 5 months pregnant. It mainly gets worse during the afternoon but is constant, Sitting down, standing up ect. I have read about Autonomic Neuropathy and some of my symptoms are similar. Does anyone think i could have this? I’m praying i haven’t because i’ve only been diagnosed 8 years, i had a couple of bad years when first diagnosed but other than that i haven’t been too bad with my levels...
Please help with some advise?

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Hi @emily deacon, from reading and experience, not as medical advice or opinion:
just googling 'dizziness' brings up a myriad of causes.
From sources like mayoclinic.org, national heart foundation the thing that distinguishes the BP in autonomic neuropathy appears to be that one's BP when laying down falls compared to after standing for 5 + minutes drop by at least 10 points and more definitively 20 points.
This happened to me but was found to be due to a combination of my BP tablet (taken to protect my kidneys, not for a high BP) and it being a very hot day outside and I was a bit dehydrated.
And when I began to test my own BP I found that it would fall a little when I first stood up, so waiting 5 minutes standing was important to make sure my body had time to recover from the initial standing up, that I was not dehydrated and preferably before I had taken by BP medication.
(how many doctors wait 5 minutes? that may be 1/2 the length of the consultation)!!
Best Wishes:):):)

Winnie53

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Emily, could this be a yeast or bacterial overgrowth issue?

What lab test did they use to access your B12 level? What was the result? And are you taking a good quality B-complex?

I also am gluten intolerant, diagnosed with non-celiac gluten sensitivity (NCGS) in 2011. I don't have the celiac genes. I've greatly limited grains since 2015 and it has made a huge difference in my glucose levels. Have you considered removing grains and processed sugars from your diet to see what happens?

What's your lower and upper glucose range on a typical day?

High glucose levels can lead to tinnitus or worse, Meniere's disease.

Last edited:

emily deacon

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you guys, i am dizzy all the time it’s not just when i stand up, it doesn’t get worse when i stand either but it is usually all day every day. I have a lot of anxiety which i thought could be it but when i’m not anxious it’s still there which i don’t understand. I was also diagnosed with coeliac disease last May and have been on a gluten free diet since and am very strict with it. On my libre, it says my typical blood sugar level for the past 7 days is 8.9. So i guess i vary between lowest 6 and highest 11