Background Insulin

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like Lantus isn't working for you however much you inject. Have you tried any other long acting insulin?

Robin_H

Type of diabetes
Type 1
This is important.. for as mych as we know you could be only having 10 units and that would be a total imbalance of insulins......[/QUOTE said:
The basal insulin is the main insulin don't forget. If very few carbs are being eaten then 10 units of bolus a day could be possible. Why would an imbalance between basal and bolus be an issue?

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.

Because we have no idea of the qty of carbs or the qty of bolus being given it is impossible to directly link anything to basal. Especially if no basal testing being done.

Ie I have only one tea plate of food (100g courgette and brocolli) today and a homemade smoothie. My basal and bolus still work out on a 60/40 ratio though because of my activity etc. Mine is worked out to be spot on due to basal and bolus testing. We have not had any info on the qty of carbs a day and none on bolus qty.

It is possible to run on different ratio's. I have when not being able to eat at all and just do morning corrections.

However, only as my opinion I would be worried if somebody was having huge food, minimal bolus and huge basals..

We cannot go on just the info we have previoysly been supplied. Certainly consultants would not just work off details that we have had.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I agree with @tim2000s about the 'double diabetes' possibility. Could you go back on the a Metformin to see if that helped @ATHOLLSMART ?

Have you tried reducing your carbs too? Sometimes that can help.