Bacterial vaginosis / Thrush control

Schmoukes

Hi ladies - there’s a lot of threads on thrush but I have found that I have BV ( there’s a Canestest you can buy to help you work out which one you have). Doctor is prescribing antibiotics but a few days after I finish them, it’s back. Anyone else experiencing similar? Found a good way to manage this? I am type 2, blood sugars controlled for the past 4 months since diagnosis.

Reactions: Toadnbunny

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi ladies - there’s a lot of threads on thrush but I have found that I have BV ( there’s a Canestest you can buy to help you work out which one you have). Doctor is prescribing antibiotics but a few days after I finish them, it’s back. Anyone else experiencing similar? Found a good way to manage this? I am type 2, blood sugars controlled for the past 4 months since diagnosis.
What do you consider "controlled"? How high/low are they? Do you test at home? It'd be really, really helpful to know what your blood sugars are doing. Bacteria tend to feed on the sugar in your blood/sweat, so you can take antibiotics until the cows come home, it'll keep coming back if you are and remain high.

Dunno what medication you're on, but if you are still seeing numbers above 8,5 mmol/l, you'll want to probably tackle your diet first... Quick and easy way to get your blood sugars down, assuming you're not on anything that'll cause hypo's. (Like Gliclazide. If you're only on metformin, you're fine cutting carbs.) https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help.

Good luck!
Jo

PS: You might want to take to sleeping in your birthday suit. We tend to sweat more as we sleep and you want things in that area to stay as non-damp as possible. Air circulation'd help. As would cotton undies in the daytime, they ventilate better than synthetics.

Schmoukes

What do you consider "controlled"? How high/low are they? Do you test at home? It'd be really, really helpful to know what your blood sugars are doing. Bacteria tend to feed on the sugar in your blood/sweat, so you can take antibiotics until the cows come home, it'll keep coming back if you are and remain high.

Dunno what medication you're on, but if you are still seeing numbers above 8,5 mmol/l, you'll want to probably tackle your diet first... Quick and easy way to get your blood sugars down, assuming you're not on anything that'll cause hypo's. (Like Gliclazide. If you're only on metformin, you're fine cutting carbs.) https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html might help.

Good luck!
Jo

PS: You might want to take to sleeping in your birthday suit. We tend to sweat more as we sleep and you want things in that area to stay as non-damp as possible. Air circulation'd help. As would cotton undies in the daytime, they ventilate better than synthetics.

Thanks Jo! My fbg is generally in the mid 5s. Always below 7 two hours after eating. I did have bad thrush before I was diagnosed and started a LC diet. That went away on the LC diet but now I have this BV. I am not on any meds. Birthday suit sleeping & cotton undies all actioned:). So I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.

Nnaze95

I struggle with the same thing! I get thrush more than I’ve had roast dinners
Sleep in complete birthday suit. But my diabetes is not under control at all. On sukkarto (?) twice a day with food

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wonder if you do now have thrush from the antibiotics you took for your BV? Might be worth trying a thrush treatment now, but run this passed your dr first. Oh and just another note, if you have a sexual partner they need to treat for thrush at the same time, to stop you passing it backwards and forwards. I don’t think men can get bacterial vaginosis as they don’t have a ...... you get the idea ;)

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Jo! My fbg is generally in the mid 5s. Always below 7 two hours after eating. I did have bad thrush before I was diagnosed and started a LC diet. That went away on the LC diet but now I have this BV. I am not on any meds. Birthday suit sleeping & cotton undies all actioned:). So I’m at a bit of a loss as to what to do next.
@Rachox makes a good point... He'd need to use cream too, for a while, if there is a "he" in the equation. Excellent numbers btw, well done. ;)

Reactions: Schmoukes

Schmoukes

I wonder if you do now have thrush from the antibiotics you took for your BV? Might be worth trying a thrush treatment now, but run this passed your dr first. Oh and just another note, if you have a sexual partner they need to treat for thrush at the same time, to stop you passing it backwards and forwards. I don’t think men can get bacterial vaginosis as they don’t have a ...... you get the idea ;)

Thanks Rachox - it could well be thrush, post BV .