Bad day

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
Registered as type 2 .Yesterday was helping the bride to put up some curtains. I was generally feeling a bit low over the last couple days and low in energy.
suddenly I felt quiet dizzy and a really bad sweat, mouth went dry. Sat down had a drink of water felt better after a short while. My morning b/s was 6.5
Fasting. As a type2 I don't get the advice or have a real help team help so may I ask 'was this a spike and how does a b/s reading really tell your state of health.'
I need to get in line with my problem now i'm retired as I am a bit lazy enjoying the rest from my hard work job.

Ruth B

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Blood sugar should be between 4 and 7 generally, so while your morning fasting is at the higher end of acceptable it isn't anything to worry about.

Unfortunately the symptoms that one person has when low can be very similar to what another suffers when high, the only way to check is with a meter and eventually you will find out what your symptoms are for lows and highs. If you do start to feel unwell the best option is to test, and also remember that other things apart from BS levels can effect how you feel so it is always best to test.

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. I used to get symptoms like that, but milder, before I was diagnosed. I believe it may be a false hypo (I will be corrected if wrong.) In which case your BS may not have been low. We use meter readings to tell us if various foods send our BS high, and we adjust our diet accordingly. If you don't test, you don't know.
It may be your change in lifestyle (hard work to retirement) is having an effect.
This forum can be your support team if you want. The people here are very good at it :)
I see from your previous postings that you were asked about beta blockers. Do you still use them?

Last edited by a moderator:

pokertom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Salad cream, yuk yuk yuk. microwave ovens, they remove the art of cooking. Not being in control of my actions or errors Rather a perfectionist i'm afraid I like things right
Thanks for your reply's .Yes I still use the blockers ramipril and Bisoprolol. + the usual aspirin statins. I wondered about the low b/s levels as to how they effect us I only took notice of my upper readings. I will take the Forum support as I must now take my health more seriously and after the speedy reply today it wont take as long to get some help as waiting on my G/P .Thank you all kindly. It shows as to sweet treats, I have never eaten sweets or chocolate as they are not to be the main cause of diabetes. Thanks again all

Reactions: 2 people