Banbury...Oxfordshire

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Would any other low carbers like to meet up? looking for a (bulletproof) coffee or similar near banbury, even better if a few of us can get together :)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Oooh - I used to live there (Bodicote) - I don't live anywhere near now but I wish you lots of success in getting others for a get together.

Reactions: miriamy

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hey @Engineer88 I'd be interested in meeting up, am over Worcs way but happy to travel, Saturday mornings and normally best for me :)

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@Chook that's awesome, I'm in a village not far away!

@Juicyj Yep lets do something. Give it a few hours and see if anyone else is interested and then plan from there?

Reactions: Liam1955

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Would you prefer to move this into type 1 for more visibility ?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Would you prefer to move this into type 1 for more visibility ?

I don't know, I was hoping for more low carbers, type 1 or otherwise - would they see it in t1 threads? personally I look at all new posts rather than 1 thing (sorry if I did it wrong )

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hey no worries - I personally would like to meet other type 1's not specifically low carbers as such, I think I have alot more in common with a type 1 and the trials and tribulations of daily life, it's up to you as it's your concept but as you're fairly local it would be great to meet up ;)

Reactions: Liam1955

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hey no worries - I personally would like to meet other type 1's not specifically low carbers as such, I think I have alot more in common with a type 1 and the trials and tribulations of daily life, it's up to you as it's your concept but as you're fairly local it would be great to meet up ;)

Funnily enough I don't find it difficult to meet t1's anymore but I don't know anyone IRL who low carbs :) FYI Stratford looks a bit middle ish.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @Engineer88 Stratford is perfect, count me in whenever you're ready to organise something :)

Reactions: Engineer88

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
Well if you are talking Stratford that is just down the road (A46). Only place I know near Banbury is the National Herb Centre and I think that is a few miles before. I low carb, know nothing about T1 and would love to meet up.

Reactions: Engineer88