Being put on insulin

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
IF, and it's a big IF, I get put on insulin on Monday...Will they stop my gliclazide? or will I have to take both :/

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
it depends on what insulin you will be put on..............

being type 2 you may still be producing your own insulin and you may be going on a longer acting insulin to help out. And so you might still be relying on your own insulin to deal with meal times.

As Gliclazide helps produce more of your own insulin, you might need to still use it......

just an educate though.......;)

Jaxx01

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The gliclazide is useless, it's not lowering my levels at all :( so hoping they will just take me off them z

novorapidboi26

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
you could speculate then that your own insulin production is very low or non existent because of the poor performance of the Glic, and in that case there would be no point keeping you on it..........

you would then likely be put on a mixed insulin or MDI.........

I am sure your team, who know more about the specifics of your Diabetes, will make the right decisions.................;)

chancellors

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was on both, but I increased my insulin to get my levels down to a good level and now I'm weaning myself off the tablets, I was on 320mg and I reduced to 80mg in the morning.