Being told to die

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve been going through a tough time a school lately because this boy has been taking the p*** out of diabetes this went on for to days I reported it and nothing was done on both the Monday and Tuesday this boy and his friends were telling me don’t do you insulin just die, die , just go kill youself. So on the second day a lunch he continued to go on at me about my diabetes so in the end I hit him the face and left him with a red mark on his face. Today I had a no called ID and the caller said ‘ right you have 10 seconds to die’ and after that all my friends were calling me non stop to get me to answer this is the first time I’ve used my phone all day as I wasn’t at school because I passed out this morning. Now I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to go into school and I’m scared that someone will do something to me as the boys had beat a one of my friends last week. My mum says if the school don’t get third finger out she’s going to the police about these people tell me to go die.

Amber

Last edited by a moderator:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello @W.bubble13 - What a horrid experience.

It sounds like you need to report this again at school, although I imagine they will not be interested in anything that happens out of school. Does your Mum report it, or do you? It's good that your mum is supporting you well.

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The schools knows because it was I my friends phone that was used to call me on no caller ID because someone took it the school tried to call my mum but she works in a prison so can’t take her phone in. She rang the school and also requested that my year learner ring her after 5:00 but no rang so the school don’t care that much abou

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @W.bubble13 So sorry to hear this has happened to you.. this boy sounds like he needs some help himself, sadly i've found that the people who do this type of behaviour are having a bad time of it themselves and so use other people to vent their feelings at.

Your mum is right, the police need to be involved if the school doesn't take action, your mum can also make a complaint to the Chair of the Governing Body if the head teacher isn't taking action, I feel for you as it must be a big worry and you certainly don't need that on top of looking after yourself and managing your type 1, take care hun, remember you are a much better stronger person that this bully could ever be, big hug x

jcbman

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's good your mum is backing you up.
It the school isn't helping, get a complaint to the School Governors.
The parent governor is a good place to start.
Suggest you may be speaking to the OFSTED inspector at the next opportunity.

Edited by a moderator to remove comment.

Last edited by a moderator:

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
do not hit out. they then can get you arrested. the hero is a coward if he was going to do anything he would have when you thumped him instead he makes phone calls. you mum will need to go in a kick up a stink. my daughter was being bullied and was assaulted outside the gates. until we called the police school did not want to know. strangely they then did stuff. now why are they targeting you why do they think your weak. if the school wont protect you then consider a new school. sadly scumbags are everywhere and they alway find an easy target. it took me years to learn a big fat boy has the weight advantage they soon stopped. i joined the footy squad to get training it help get mates anything like that can help. and naturally dont allow this bully to see your upset. he is a sad loser. school is not fun for lots of people. but the exams at the end are hold onto that. and remember once youve finished school your likely never to see them again. thou your mum may.

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
@W.bubble13 . What you have experienced is totally unacceptable, either in a school, workplace or anywhere. You should ask your mum to speak to the police and they should either put a squib under the school's management to resolve the problem or else 'offer words of advice' to the bullies. You are not the problem, those bullies are.
I'm a now retired, former headteacher, and there's no way I would haven't addressed your situation. There's plently of ways to go about it given the will and understanding.

Last edited:

paulus1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
sadly miahara there are a lot of heads that dont want to know our son is autistic we requested his records not one mention of the complaints over the years. teachers just dont seem to want to bother.

Fruitella

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
So sorry to hear you are being bullied at school. I agree that the governors should be able to make the school take action. Sometimes the governors are not aware of what is really happening in the school. Each governor is responsible for something like seeing what the money is spent on. At least one of them will be the person looking at an area known as Safeguarding or ECM (Every Child Matters). With mum, find out who this person is and write to them. You can probably find out who they are on the school website. Maybe mum can write a letter to them and it is important that you do too - telling then how it is making you feel.
I would write the person's name on the envelope and also write 'private and confidential' on the envelope to make sure it gets to them.
Take care - it can be sorted.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

walnut_face

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@W.bubble13 That is awful, bullying with brass knobs on! Is there a designated Pastoral Care officer at school? If so have you spoken to them? I think your Mum should seek an urgent meeting with the Head Teacher, and write to the Chair of Governors. IMHO if the school has failed to act then the Head Teacher is negligent. The only way to fix it is stick to your guns, and see it through. That is easy for me to say hiding behind my keyboard. Good luck, and I hope the issue is favourably resolved quickly

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
sadly miahara there are a lot of heads that dont want to know our son is autistic we requested his records not one mention of the complaints over the years. teachers just dont seem to want to bother.
Perhaps SOME teachers don't seem to want to bother, but generalising isn't 't really fair as I'm sure many do want to bother. Our daughter is a principal teacher of guidance (looks after the needs of all the waifs, strays and needy children) in a school in an area of multiple deprivation. The school has a marvelous ethos of support and the staff go above and beyond to care for their pupils.
I suspect that Scotland may serve children with special needs a bit better than England as we have a very well embedded formal structure for identifying and addressing the needs of children.

"The Record of Needs and the Coordinated Support Plan. The Record of Needs is currently the most important strategic support plan available to parents in Scotland. It is a formal, legally-binding document produced following a full assessment of your child's individual needs."

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
These people doing the bullying do it because they get entertainment from seeing you upset. If they don’t see you getting upset then they will move on.

Do this; turn every smart*rse comment you get and turn it into a question. For example:

Bully: “I wish you were dead,dead,dead!”

You: “Why do you think I should be dead?”

Bully:”Your one of those diabetics!”

You:”What do think a diabetic is?”

Bully:”I’m going to beat up after class”

You:”So that would be at what time?”

These nasty conversations need for you to show your upset to keep going. You are busting the bully’s train of thought by doing this. They would have to answer the question to keep the argument going.

REMEMBER: DONT answer the bully’s statement!

If you do this; the bully cannot use what you say to wind you up even further.

If you can practice this with a friend all the better. Tell your friend to be as nasty as possible and try this.

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
As much as I want to try it with my friend she will take it way to far and this is the reason I had a no caller ID because of her and my other friends because I knows there’s more to the story than what there telling me so that they can get themselves out of trouble and they always do something when I’m not at school to hurt me and make me feel guilt when I’m ill but thanks for the advice. The last two days the school has been Cole’s but every night when I go to bed I say to my mum I don’t want to go and I don’t want there excuses and I’m not going to school. My friends never leave me alone

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is it like it is here? : You can go to any public school you want to. I'd be changing schools not wasting my time calling the police.

phdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is there a counsellor at school you could talk to? If not could you ask your mum to find one, aside from dealing with the school you could probably benefit from some mental health support too.

Ruby26913

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is horrible and totally unacceptable! I can’t imagine how you feel. I’m sorry but I don’t have much advice to give you, accept keep on pressing the school, and if they still don’t bother then go to the police. Those kids are obviously having a bad time themselves. I know this probably sounds stupid what I’m about to say, but just rise above them. Don’t take notice. They’ll soon get tired of it. I know what I just said sounds like something your parents would say to you if you were getting teased, and I know what you’re going through is so much worse, but it sometimes can work. Best of luck xxxxxxx

Celsus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve been going through a tough time a school lately because this boy has been taking the p*** out of diabetes this went on for to days I reported it and nothing was done on both the Monday and Tuesday this boy and his friends were telling me don’t do you insulin just die, die , just go kill youself. So on the second day a lunch he continued to go on at me about my diabetes so in the end I hit him the face and left him with a red mark on his face. Today I had a no called ID and the caller said ‘ right you have 10 seconds to die’ and after that all my friends were calling me non stop to get me to answer this is the first time I’ve used my phone all day as I wasn’t at school because I passed out this morning. Now I’m getting to the point where I don’t want to go into school and I’m scared that someone will do something to me as the boys had beat a one of my friends last week. My mum says if the school don’t get third finger out she’s going to the police about these people tell me to go die.

Amber
Threats like these should be reported right away to the police.
Yes, your mother should inform the school about this, but go to the police directly with such threat.
Its not you being the problem here. Its the bullies!
Any authority will understand that.
Engage the authorities so they can take care of them. Don't deal with the bullies yourself or with your mother.

Reactions: jasmine1616

jasmine1616

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
hate people who think they know about T1D, but they really don't
If I were you, I would report it and keep reporting it everyday (even if nothing happens) until something is done about it. You should not have to deal with this, and someone telling you to kill yourself is serious and needs to be dealt with asap.

Best wishes,
Jasmine