Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Patch said:
This sounds like it's worth a punt - I've just order 120x250mg . I'll report back when I can.

Patch,

According to one of your previous posts you ordered a bottle of these back in Aug 09.

What results have you had with them?

Using similar logic to your own (at this price it is worth a punt) I've just ordered the B complex variety. Cugila might tell me off for putting the link on here, but to save anyone who may be interested a lot of research time and hassle, just put the "www" infront of the following to get right to the page I've just ordered from:

Moderators note to Ardbeg: The link is not allowed on this Forum.
cugila

I have no financial connection or vested interest in this or any other product of it's kind.

I'll report back on this thread with my results in due course

Thanks

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
Pills arrived today.

I've started taking one a day and will report my results on the forum.

I've had a stinking headache all day, I hope this is just a coincidence. :(

clearviews

Dislikes
Arrogance, sarcasm and liars
Started taking Benfoitamine 150 mg (neuropathy support formula) x 2 twice a day at the end of November 2009. Upped it to 3 caps twice a day in the last week. Since I began I certainly have had some nerve activity going on in my feet and it usually isn't pleasant. Would like to say that there is some regrowth going on but think that it will be sometime before I can tell if that is the case. Certainly my feet feel differently "better".
Morning BGs look similar to before but there are some really good ones like 4.5 in there. Can't find calculator right now to see what they have been. HbA1c rose slightly from a 5.0 in May-June 2009 to 5.2 in December 2009.
I will be continuing to take them for a while yet.
Alison

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I've been suffering with pains in my hands, legs and feet on and off all day today.

I feel a bit disappointed as it's the first time it has happened since my diagnosis. Especially as I've been off the booze for a month as well as been taking Benfotiamine for just over a week now.

Unless of course the Benfotiamine is encouraging some repair to the nerves, which might explain the return of the pains.

Who knows?

Ardbeg

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self serving politicians
I wish there was another forum user who has been using Benfotamine longer than I have, who could give me some feedback.

I've suffered pains in my left hand for the last two days, probably coincidence but it only seems to kick in after I've taken the tablets.

I'll presevere for the remainder of the month and make a judgement call thereafter!

Soundgen

Unless of course the Benfotiamine is encouraging some repair to the nerves, which might explain the return of the pains.

Exactly right , vitamin B1 as Benfotiamine begins the repair of the Myelin sheath , as the repair takes place other areas exhibit new phenomena . burning , tingling , etc , repair shows up other damage ! neuropathy is curable as it is a result of vitamin b deficiencies.

A

Anonymous

Soundgen.
Your previous post has been edited to remove one of your comments.

You were previously warned about the banned link on this forum and the reason why it is banned here. Yet again you are still seeking to promote it here. This will not be tolerated.

You are running the risk of a suspension and/or banning permanently from this forum if you persist.

Mod 3

C

catherinecherub

IMHO vitamin pills are a scientific invention and may give us side effects. Food is what our bodies are designed to eat Food contain vitamins and has a synergistic effect with other vitamins in our body to provide overall health. Food never knowingly delivers the wrong dose unless we decide to overeat. High potency and the likes found on vitamin pill bottles do not apply to food.

...If you think you are deficient in these B vitamins how do you know?
...Have you been tested?
...Are you relying on what others say?
...Are you clutching at straws?

Whilst I agree that long term use of Metformin may depletes B12, this is something that you can ask your Dr. about and he can arrange a blood test. You will then be prescribed shots to rectify this and may be prescribed an alternative to Metformin. The same goes for anemia and this condition would be picked up on blood tests.

Some people swear by vast amounts of Vitamin C pills but this is a waste of money as your body will expel any unnecessary amounts through your urine.

Some sources of B Vitamins are lentils, peas, beans, whole grain foods, fish and seafood,poultry, meat, eggs, leafy green vegetables, avocados and dairy products.

Bombjack

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I know this is a zombie thread, but it popped up in my Google search results, so I thought I'd add an update.

"I wish there was another forum user who has been using Benfotamine longer than I have, who could give me some feedback."

I stopped taking Benfotiamine a few years ago, after taking it for 8 years. It didn't do well in 3 human clinical trials (the Groningen, Melbourne and Oslo studies). Thiamine supplementation was found to provide benefits, whereas Benfotiamine was not. I took it as a preventative against complications - I don't have painful neuropathy so can't comment on its effectiveness there.

In a 2010 article by Thornally & Rabbani, they stated:

"Dissimilarities in the effects of Benfotiamine compared to Thiamine are as follows:

1) Failure to correct dislipidaemia in experimental diabetes;
2) Less effective at decreasing exposure to the major AGE, MG-H1;
3) Loading of tissues with TMP.

The latter feature may underlie the decreased effectiveness of Benfotiamine as high tissue levels of TMP inhibit TPPK."

So, just a warning to people who may come across this thread - you are probably better sticking with high dose Thiamine, rather than Benfo. What scared me, after reading the above, was the chance that I could be making matters worse due to point 3).