Best HbA1c in my whole T1 life (23 years!) - thank you!

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Haha! Nope, quite relaxed

Any idea if I can change my name?!

I can change your name for you if you like. Just let me know what you would like and provided it hasn't already been taken by another member, and is appropriate, I'll get on with it.

Edited to apologise for missing the main point of your thread. A big well done on your HbA1c. An excellent shift.

Last edited:

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I can change your name for you if you like. Just let me know what you would like and provided it hasn't already been taken by another member, and is appropriate, I'll get on with it.

Edited to apologise for missing the main point of your thread. A big well done on your HbA1c. An excellent shift.

Thanks I will have a think and get back to you

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing
Hi everyone,

Thought I’d share some good news. I got my HbA1c back today and it was the best it’s ever been!!!

From 76 (Feb 2017) to 69 (July 2017) to 52 :):)

Thank you so much for all the support.

Below is a link to my first post on the forum. In particular thanks to @himtoo, @GrantGam and @azure who were first to my rescue!!

Running out of ways to attempt to reduce my HbA1c - please help
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/in...empt-to-reduce-my-HbA1c---please-help.125495/
Congratulations to you
Note:
51 that is mean 8.4% Or 6.9mmol /152mg/dl.

Last edited:

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
Hichamgsm has just walked into your party with a pin and burst your balloon lol.. If you have been struggling so much with high numbers and you have got it down to the present numbers that is amazing. As for your numbers being what they are,there are people here that would love those numbers. Well done

mytype1.life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hichamgsm has just walked into your party with a pin and burst your balloon lol.. If you have been struggling so much with high numbers and you have got it down to the present numbers that is amazing. As for your numbers being what they are,there are people here that would love those numbers. Well done

Lol thanks @derry60. I totally agree!

Just hoping to provide some inspiration for others out that they may feel they are stuck in a rut with no hope. It’s not been easy and I can only appreciate the individual struggles different people face. But for me, I can only be happy and will try not to be disheartened by such comments.

HICHAM_T2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Nothing

Just hoping to provide some inspiration for others out that they may feel they are stuck in a rut with no hope. It’s not been easy and I can only appreciate the individual struggles different people face. But for me, I can only be happy and will try not to be disheartened by such comments.
Sorry Madam I do not mean frustration just invite you to be more careful. I fully understand the effort you are making

Reactions: mytype1.life

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind

Have you got these numbers low like this over Christmas? If so that is a double whammy wow factor. Yes be happy and proud of yourself hun