Best way to record info

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
I've been on the insight pump for 3 years and am currently trialing the ypsomed. I have thoughts on both. But for now I'm looking for the best way to record bloods and insulin doses. I am using libre too.
My angle is that for years I recorded everything in a blood book. At a glance I could see what was going on. Since being on the pump there's lots more info so more boxes needed. I've created a few of my own but not been totally satisfied.
The simplicity with these current machine is that they record it all but I'm still not finding a way at a glance that I find really helpful.
My sugars are fluctuating a lot at the moment... a month of lots of hypos and now the opposite.
Any suggestions on apps or other possibly? Thanks

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @megan I prefer using Diaconnect the app on my phone, you can record doses taken, BG readings, other events like exercise/illness etc, also you can email reports to yourself or your team, it was the best one I found out there.

Reactions: megan
D

Deleted Account

Does your diabetes team use any systems?
Mine use Diasend. I am able to upload my meter readings, Libre graphs and pump doses straight into Diasend and review the graphs showing all the values at the same time.

I confess I CBA to type everything into any system so need something that does it pretty automatically.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Have a word with your diabetes team, find out which system they use. I upload my data from my pump to the Medtronic Carelink page and they view the info from there. All my carbs and BGs are stored in the pump. I then use Librelink for the Libre and that uploads automatically. After 48 years I think a record of everything would be rather large. I am the same as @helensaramay and cba to be typing all the info into an app.
Good luck with finding one thou :)

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Ypsomed and libre at the moment. Libre through phone when I get the libre. Loads straight to nurse. As does ypsomed app
But it's info is in a list and not easy to follow
The insight I did have had easier to see charts for making adjustments

Reactions: porl69

megan

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
dishonesty and ********
Hi just an update. I'm using mySugr. My nurse noticed and said it was the Roche one so I could use it for bolus workings too... long story short.... after few people working on it when I knew something wasn't quite right. I'm on the insight pump. That handset cannot be used with mySugr as it already does the workings.
Fair enough but I'm using mySugr for following easily. So either I pay the monthly fee to use the extra functions on the app or I just input my info after my insight app has figured it out or I just work it out in my head and input it to mySugr. I'm on a mixture of different bolus doses so it's easier to use handset to do it. Oh and I use the libre for bloods so no connection to insight or mySugr .... I just input it myself.... got there in the end. Thought it worth a mention here as the Careline in two places and clinic help didn't realise either. So an interesting learning curve all round