BG 15mmol

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
BG now 10.6 but got a headache I think my body is fighting against the lack of carbs, never mind will soon go.

I really need to drop a few kg as well
Make sure you’re drinking plenty to stay hydrated, you’ll get a headache if you don’t drink enough on low carb.

Reactions: Debandez

Charis1213

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is cutting the carbs that cause the headache I had one for three weeks , but gone now . You're numbers are dropping fast well done you .

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
Quick update BG 1 hour after breakfast (2 x boiled eggs 2 x tea white no sugar 1 x coffee white no sugar) 14.3 2 hours after breakfast 12.0
Need to go up and down the stairs at work a few times

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick update BG 1 hour after breakfast (2 x boiled eggs 2 x tea white no sugar 1 x coffee white no sugar) 14.3 2 hours after breakfast 12.0
Need to go up and down the stairs at work a few times

That sounds a bit better, and you can always expect a higher level at 1 hour as this is what happens to everyone, even non diabetics. (and the milk in your drinks may have contributed to this). Then you came down over 2mmol/l by the 2 hour mark.

Mark James

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
not eating food, or drinking
I had a protein bar for a snack 9.6g of carbs sugars 6.2g protein 10.2g pre snack levels 12.0 tested 1 hour later 12.2 so not really much of an increase might have another one for lunch.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a protein bar for a snack 9.6g of carbs sugars 6.2g protein 10.2g pre snack levels 12.0 tested 1 hour later 12.2 so not really much of an increase might have another one for lunch.

How much fat? If you are cutting carbs you need to increase fat. If you did this you most likely wouldn't need any snacks. If you feel the need to snack, then choose something without a lot of carbs , such as cheese or an egg, or just a few nuts, or even just a cuppa or a coffee. All snacking does is raise your insulin levels making your pancreas work even harder and leads to weight gain and increased insulin resistance. Much kinder on yourself not to snack at all.

Smallbrit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good for you for recognising what is going on and addressing it - the drop in numbers is encouraging. Keep at it!