BG and Ozempic

Bluemic

I am a T2D and I have never used a Ozempic pen before. What type of problems are most likely to happen based on a daily usage. I have read that the colour and temperature of the insulin you have to keep a close eye on. And is there a sell-by-date to consider when in storage. Do I need to invest in a small cooler, would this, be of any help when storing and using the Ozempic pen which I will be using sometime next year because there is a shortage of Ozempic.
Until I have been given the go ahead sometime next year how can I keep my BG on track. My carbs have been dropped to 50g a meal which would workout at 200g of carbs a day. Would this help or not. My BG are 10.5 mmol
Thanks for your input.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi - I'm afraid I have no personal experience to draw on to help you. However I do know that Ozempic is not an insulin - it's a semiglutide drug. Two links below might help:

In the meantime: what worked (and still works) for me was a big reduction in carbs eaten. I went to 20g/day. It worked very well and my blood glucose was in low-normal territory in four months. Over the next few years I lost around 30kg - can't be sure because I don't know where I started from. It doesn't necessarily work the same for everyone, but it's worth thinking about reducing your carb intake a bit further to see if it makes any difference.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ozempic is not insulin it is one of the group of drugs called GLP-1 analogues. It needs to be kept in the fridge until first use, then it can be kept at room temperature.