Biggest bugbear

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
People who try to give you "advice" when they don't have a clue what they're on about and have just got their information from websites that haven't checked the facts.

People who mistake Type 1 for Type 2 or vice versa. They are totally different and people should research more before opening their mouths

And finally, people who stare when you're doing injections/blood sugars. I'm not a circus animal pls do not stare!!

I’m quite new to this all but you’ve got me thinking...next time I’m eating out in a posh restaurant - just as the food arrives I am going to stand up from my seat at the table, clear my throat, raise a leg and place my shoed foot firmly on the table, then slowly roll my trouser leg up and bolus the heck out of my thigh. That should sort the 1’s from the 2’s.

Reactions: Jaylee

mountaintom

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
New name for T1?

PEBIS?

Pancreas
Eaten
By
Immune
System

I’ve taken to saying I’m allergic to carbohydrate (as well as meat and dairy) these days. Seems to stop people insisting I can “have a treat” with cake, chips etc.

Looks too much like PENIS

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
As a Scandinavian, I find it incredibly weird how Britain seems to love our TV and movies when I personally find the overwhelming majority to be of very poor quality with bad writing and dialogue etc. I'm not Danish though and even though I can understand them in writing reasonably well their speech is as nonsensical to me as it is to you. :)

Ach, the Scandi-noir stuff is good fun, @jlarsson , we enjoy it (although maybe a lot of it stems from that one with the detective wearing a wooly jumper and leather trousers, can't remember the name now)!

We'll probably get our own back sometime by exporting some Scottish Tartan-noir to Scandinavia! Ken Stott as Ian Rankin's Rebus is always worth a watch.

I always seem to put them on just as I'm eating my tea - what to do? - pay attention to the food or the subtitles?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m quite new to this all but you’ve got me thinking...next time I’m eating out in a posh restaurant - just as the food arrives I am going to stand up from my seat at the table, clear my throat, raise a leg and place my shoed foot firmly on the table, then slowly roll my trouser leg up and bolus the heck out of my thigh. That should sort the 1’s from the 2’s.
Nope. It'll only sort the insulin users from people not on insulin.