Blood 23

Digsysdinner

Hi I don’t have diabetes. Was wondering is it normal for blood sugars to rise to 23. It then didn’t fall below 4. This seems to happen after exercise or the day after exercise. Is this normal for someone without diabetes?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi I don’t have diabetes. Was wondering is it normal for blood sugars to rise to 23. It then didn’t fall below 4. This seems to happen after exercise or the day after exercise. Is this normal for someone without diabetes?
No 23 mmol/L is not a normal reading for someone without diabetes - sometimes the tests can be inaccurate though - did you wash your hands before doing the test, was the test strip still in date, it could've been a faulty strip (sometimes they are and if they are can be wildly out)

Reactions: TypeZero.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If you are talking 23 mmol/l then that's pretty high?
What were they doing and eating to create that level... sounds more like rogue reading unless confirmed by a second one...

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We can't give medical advice, but I will tell you this: Get yourself to a doctor. Sooner rather than later. You shouldn't see double digits, never mind twenties.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Are you talking about 23mmol/l or some other units? 23mmol/l is extremely high and almost approaching danger levels.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes_care/blood-sugar-level-ranges.html

Can you explain how you know you are not diabetic?

Digsysdinner

I have feeling very unwell for quite some time. I now have constant buzzing in my legs from the knees down , eye sight problems blood shot eyes on a morning , back pain at night and other things. I bought a blood sugar monitor a couple of months ago and was getting readings above 20mmol and then dropped below 2mmol. The doctor said my monitor must not be working as I had a ac1 blood test and came back normal and told me to stop testing myself. I was feeling very poorly at weekend so tested myself and again blood was 15mmol and then 23mmol and I was using a monitor the doctor gave me.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I was feeling very poorly at weekend so tested myself and again blood was 15mmol and then 23mmol and I was using a monitor the doctor gave me.

Go back to the doctor and take the meter with you so you can show him/her the results - you should not be seeing results that high.
Admittedly if your old meter was showing 2 to 20 something may have been a bit iffy as at below 2 I'd be surprised if you could do much at all.