Blood count gone haywire on Keto

wendysqf

Hi am looking for some advice, both myself and my partner - also diabetic have been following the Keto diet for about two weeks now. Where my sugars seem stable, his have trebbled!! anyone any insight as to what is happening and if it will settle back down to his usual levels, which are normally really good (he is on insulin), he is now in panic mode
Many thanks

Reactions: Freema

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi am looking for some advice, both myself and my partner - also diabetic have been following the Keto diet for about two weeks now. Where my sugars seem stable, his have trebbled!! anyone any insight as to what is happening and if it will settle back down to his usual levels, which are normally really good (he is on insulin), he is now in panic mode
Many thanks
Can you tell us exactly what a typical day's food looks like...? Maybe we can find the culprit there. Trebled is a LOT, has his insulin regime been adjusted down too fast? Does he still produce his own insulin? (In other words, if he doesn't, jabbing insulin'll remain in his life. Is it a basal/bolus he's on?). I've heard of liver dumps going to extremes on keto, the body freaking out a little, but three times as high... That's... High. Do you have numbers, specifics? I may not have any answers, but these are the questions that'll help others jump in too.

Reactions: Freema