blood glucose reading

cercor12

I was alway considered to be in the 'middle' of the scale, (1-5) I was always at 3 where I could go up or down & last year it went up & I was diagnosed a diabetic type2 My blood sugar was 6.5 & recently it is 6.4, I receive no treatment or medication, all health tests for the feet, eyes etc are normal, I eat a very healthy diet, always have done, I am failry active, dancing 2/3 times a week & gym twice a week, weight is normal for my height of 5'6" I have neveer had any symptoms before or after diagnosis.
The diabetic nurse said to ask for another glucose toleerance test in case it was a faulty reading but that gave the 6.4 I was toldI didn't need to do the blood test on my fingers, so I am feel as if I am in limbo. normally I would not be too concerned but I believe I have to contact my car insurance to tell them otherwise it could become invalid should there be an accident.

Any help or suggestions please

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
There have been many discussions about this on the forum. If you do a search you should find them.

Basically, when you are diagnosed you should inform your Insurer of that fact, a material fact. Even if they don't ask for it, tell them. They should not discriminate against you, that is illegal. In any case there are plenty of other companies around who will not penalise you.....shop around !

What the Insurer does about it is entirely up to them. You may find they are not interested, however you should keep a record of who/what/when you told somebody for future reference. Better to be safe than sorry if after an accident they say they didn't know, your Insurance is void........you wouldn't be the first to come unstuck......Insurer's always seem to find ways to 'wriggle' out of things....... :|