Blood glucose results

Stevefranky

Hi all I have just done my first proper testing before and after a meal as only got my glucose machine today it was 6.9 before and 11.8 2 hours after is this normal

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
No. Too high a jump. What did you eat?

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Hi @Stevefranky welcome. You would be ideally looking for a rise of no more than 2. It would be early days for you on your journey. I would suggest that you review your meal and see what carbohydrates were prominent. Many do not know that pasta, rice, potatoes, bread and similar raise blood sugars, mostly outside of the normal range.

Have a look at this link:
http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/basic-information-for-newly-diagnosed-diabetics.26870/

Continue educate your self on the types of foods that will be more compatible with your situation. This is a good resource https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/60-seconds. If you are a meat eater then start with this at the centre of your meals, or fish / seafood (all without breading and added sugar, glazings and the like - seasonings with no sugar are fine). Review the veg on the links and if you are into fruit have anything that ends in berry (with Greek yogurt perhaps and a few nuts). Bacon, eggs, sausages, mushrooms are also fine.

Reactions: Rachox

JAT1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all I have just done my first proper testing before and after a meal as only got my glucose machine today it was 6.9 before and 11.8 2 hours after is this normal
I assume you're Type 2 because if you were Type 1 and that rise persisted for an hour or 2 longer, it would mean that you did not take enough insulin to match the carb count in what you ate.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only