Blood glucose testing strips.

setto

Hi guys,

I know many of you get the blood glucose test strips for free from a prescription as most of you are diabetic, but i just wanted to know how much they were to buy a pot of 50 strips?

Thanks, thats all. :mrgreen: :eek:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Depending on the kind of strips and where you get them anything from £15 to £25 ! I've bought from sellers on Ebay for as little as £15 but they retail for £25+.If you're buying off Ebay be sure and check they're a good seller etc.Some of them are ebay shops which usually have a good enough reputation.

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Grumpy folks and taking tablets
I bought some this week from Lloyds chemist they were £24.63.

Val

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
I wanted to test my meter so I contacted Abbott to send me some free solution to check the range was ok. Whilst on the phone I mentioned cost of test strips. They sell 50 strips for £14 and a few pence (forgotten exact amount) and thin lancets for £6.49 for 200. 50 Test strips from Lloyds cost £24.63.

Val

Dennis

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
People who join web forums to be agressive and cause trouble
Hi Val,

The rate Abbot quoted you sounds like the wholesale price that a pharmacy would pay them (and what the NHS also pay). Unless they sell direct, Abbot wouldn't necessarily know what price they retail at but the retailer's markup is generally around 65% of the wholesale price.

bluebird

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
Hi Dennis

All I know is that the guy said I could ring the same free phone number and order strips and lancets.

Regards Val

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I also have a Freestyle meter supplied by Abbott. I have found them the most helpful company. I have had a free upgrade meter from them and contributed to their house magazine. I didn't know they would supply strips direct. I will certainly remember that.