Blood in urine

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Have had full blood works done this morning , HbA , liver, kidney , lipids etc, also had to take a urine sample which the doc tested there and then and said that there was a significant ammount of blood in the urine ? She has sent the sample off for further tests so, typical of me , I am now in panic :roll: My BG readings have been higher than usual just recently , despite nothing changing, so maybe if the blood is an infection, this could be the reason for the elevated readings ? Oh , isnt waiting just horrible :roll:

daveinderby

Hi Kate,
Don't be too concerned about blood in urine as I have experienced this on occasions. The last time was due to a baldder infection and quickly cleared up with a course of antibiotics.
Regards,
Dave

copepod

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Further tests on urine will determine whether the blood is haemolysed (cells broken) or non-haemolysed (cells intact), which will allow your GP to give appropraite advice. In the meantime, panicking won't help, although I realise it's far easier to say "don't panic" than to do so.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Hi Kate

Sorry to hear you've got a worry. I know nothing about blood in urine - except a friend who had it once, years ago, and nothing happened to her - but just to let you know that I'm thinking of you!

Hope all goes well - let us know how you go on.

Viv 8)

CeeCee59

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happened to me too - then had a fairly nasty UTI shortly after. This was before I was diagnosed diabetic (by only a few weeks) so not sure if there was a linkage of any kind. Hope you get news soon! I'll be thinking of you.

primmers

"There are over 300+ possible causes of blood in the urine........."

But don't worry, it's extremely unlikely you've got all of them :lol:

It isn't always all about diabetes, and whatever it is it's much better found than not found.

jyn972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi. I have been for my annual review and they found blood in my urine. I have no other symptoms so they have referred me to the urologist. All your comments have reassured me a bit knowing this may be a common problem with other diabetics.